Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Where are you from? and favorite vaction spot in you part of the world?

Posted by marie on 3/09/04 at 19:15 (146561)

It's been a long time since we did this and we have had alot of new posters since then so I thought this may be a good icebraker. You don't have to be specific just the general area. Also it's getting to be the time of year when folks are thinking of vacations so if you could recommend a site or place in your state, province or country please share.

I live in Indiana.

http://www.frenchlick.com/index.cfm/name-resspa

A close friend of mine went to college in this building. It was a great resort back when and a favorite spot for gangsters. At sometime it became a junior college. It was in poor shape but it was a way cool piece of architecture. When I'd visit her we'd play frisbe in the atrium...it's been completely restored to it's full splendor now and I'd highly reccommend it.

best wishes marie

Re: Where are you from? and favorite vaction spot in you part of the world?

Necee on 3/09/04 at 23:42 (146588)

Well....as most of the oldtimers know, I live in Texas.

Now if you want to see big ranches and oil wells you have to get far away from the big city of Dallas. The most beautiful part of Texas, (in my opinion) is the 'hill country', the area of Texas that is west of Austin and San Antonio. There you will find beautiful scenery, and old towns bursting with history. The town of Fredericksburg is one place that is a must see!

If you go east, there you will find the piney woods. That area is mostly forrest and pine trees, with lots of oil wells, etc.

The Gulf coast has much to offer, if you like fishing or relaxing on the sandy beach then that is the place to be.

As far and wide as Texas is, I could go on and on....

Happy trails....

Necee

Richard, C.Ped on 3/11/04 at 17:51 (146743)

I am in the large metropolis of Columbia, South Caroina. A very large town. It is a small city. Nothing to write home about, but I love it.

Favorite vacation spots nearby are the mountains of North Carolina as well as the Pinehurst area, Myrtle Beach, Charleston and surrounding beaches, Savannah, Georgia, and Florida.

I dont get out much. haha

Necee on 3/12/04 at 14:13 (146797)

I vacationed in the mountains of North and South Carolina several years ago Richard, it's absolutely beautiful there.
I wish we had mountains here where I live....oh well, can't have everything!
BTW....hows that baby??!!

Happy trails.....

Necee

Richard, C.Ped on 3/12/04 at 15:54 (146810)

The baby is in excellent health, and we couldnt be happier. He is huge! Growing like crazy. He is four months old today and is wearing 6-9 month clothes. I think he is in another growth spurt. He has been waking up twice per night hungry for the last few nights. I want him to be big to protect his sister. haha

marie on 3/12/04 at 16:11 (146811)

I hope your little guy over his collac. Or is that big little guy!:)

doug b. on 3/20/04 at 00:01 (147374)

mine is outerbanks N.C