Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Stretching

Posted by JudyB on 3/11/04 at 16:32 (146732)

I notice when I don't stretch for a while (like every few hours), my feet will start to burn around the arch area and get a little painful around the arch area. anyone else experience this?

Re: Stretching

Carlos N. on 3/11/04 at 16:51 (146735)

Judy:

Yes, only my knee and foot joints also start to burn. I'm an overpronator but I'm not as consist with my stretching. Lately I've been trying to pull my toes back and massage the fascia every few hours, and I do a little strength conditioning by making a fist with each foot and then together. All while I sit at my desk. I'm icing a lot more often and that helps, too. Make sure you keep your feet warm. Sometimes cold weather has a way of flaring up my PF. Also, make sure your trying an orthotic, taping, or heel lifts. This site is jam-packed with great information on PF so make sure you read what most people are using these days.

I hope you feel better because I know exactly how you feel. I hate PF!

JudyB on 3/11/04 at 17:06 (146737)

Hi thanks for replying. Actually I like to keep my feet a little colder, it makes them feel better. I don't like putting the covers over them at night either.

I have been wearing my orthodics which help to some degree, but haven't tried taping. But I do stetch it a lot. The thing is, that sometimes I only get a few minutes of relief after stretching.

Suzanne D. on 3/13/04 at 07:21 (146848)

Judy, stretching properly has been so important to me in getting rid of PF pain. I really didn't understand much about stretching and how it could be done improperly until I read a great deal on this site. I encourage you to read about the yoga stretches (click on the blue link here).

Best wishes to you!
Suzanne :)