Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Six days after surgery

Posted by Elaine T on 3/14/04 at 17:23 (146971)

Although I've not had any pain from the surgery, my Achilles area is killing me, down to the back of my heel. The plaster splint is not over that area, so that's not the problem. My husband thinks it's stiffness from being held in one position since surgery.

Re: Six days after surgery

Dr. Z on 3/14/04 at 17:27 (146974)

Hi
I would call your doctor. I can't picture why the splint would be in that area. You do have a posterior splint, which means a splint placed on the back of the ankle-foot.

Re: No, no

Elaine T on 3/14/04 at 19:17 (147006)

As I said, the splint is not over that area. The splint is over my ankles, under my foot. The discomfort is in my Achilles area, which is not covered by the splint. It is also very tender to the touch. I don't know if it's stiffness, or perhaps bruising from the surgery, but it's really the only pain I have. Some intermittent burning sensations on the bottom of my foot, which are probably from the nerves, otherwise I've had no pain from the incision at all.

James C on 3/15/04 at 11:33 (147045)

Hi I know what you are going through I had this surgery on 2/06/04 and the first 2 weeks I could not sleep because of pain in my big toe . I got much better after I took the splint off of my foot. I am still not able to walk very good without my walking boot and it has been 5 weeks.I have tried to walk with just my tennis shoe and I can only walk a few steps.I have this in my other foot as well so I could'nt walk very well before the surgery either. Good luck and I wish you a speedy recovery

James C

Elaine T on 3/15/04 at 19:04 (147079)

Thank you, James. I guess we all have our 'spot' of where the pain manifests, but that's what we have pain medication for. I wish us all a speedy recovery