Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

surgery Thursday

Posted by chrisb on 3/15/04 at 18:58 (147077)

I'm headed for surgery with Dr. Dellon in Baltimore Thursday morning. I want to thank all the posters to this list for their information and advice. Its been a 3.5-year road for me as my heel pain has worsened, and had I not found this list 2 years ago I would not know where to turn. So thank you all for your help.
Incidentally, I'm one of those who has (at this point pre-surgery) no obstruction in the tunnel that we know of in advance. I also don't have Tinel sign, or numbness. Dr. Dellon diagnosed me with TTS in December.

I have tried everything else, all conservative treatments, including ESWT. I don't easily turn to surgery, but I feel I have to give it this one best shot.

I leave to fly down tomorrow, and don't get back home til Saturday. I'll post progress reports after that.

Re: surgery Thursday

Elaine T on 3/15/04 at 19:05 (147080)

Chris, I'll sending good wishes you way.

Lari S on 3/16/04 at 10:24 (147129)

Best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery.
Lari

StephenG on 3/16/04 at 18:55 (147154)

Chris,
Where are you traveling from and where are you staying and how will you get around while in Baltimore? Do you have a friend or relative going with you to help out? Are there any instructions you have been given for travel? Walk us through the process that took you to Dr. Dellon. Did you have a prior visit with him?
My situation mimics yours very closely and I am considering a call to Dr. Dellon. I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and have been in the care of and consulted with several very competent podiatrists and foot and ankle orthopedists in the area. However, just about all of them are cautious of surgery for TTS. EMG's have confirmed TTS and it has been pretty manageable until lately. It is going on two years for me and once again, I find myself considering surgery.
Best of luck to you.-Steve