Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To pete

Posted by nabila A on 3/21/04 at 12:26 (147467)

Pete
Thanks for the advice
Which hospital in the UK were you under?
Are you better now?

Re: Nabila

Pete on 3/22/04 at 07:27 (147498)

I was with the Good Hope Hospital in the West Midlands. I have not made much progress but I now know that my foot condition is more complex and is not PF. The NHS orthotics merely filled the gap in my arch and did not take account any biomechanics nor my gait which to ne honest borders on the negligent if it were then to cause more problems. As I said i couldn't even get mine in my shoe and that was their 4th attempt! Good luck

nabila A on 3/22/04 at 07:48 (147499)

So what was the problem with your feet then, I have just been to see a pod
(private)who says that my feet are in apretty bad way, and she gave me some laser treatment and taped them up again for me.

Peter on 3/23/04 at 08:17 (147586)

Where do I start. To keep it brief I was first diagnosed with PF, then high arches (which is true), trigger points in my calves and have left many a pod scratching his head. My new pod has picked up on my MRI's which are 3 yrs old, that effectively 2 bones in each foot have fused meaning there is no normal movement, and hence the pain. This is despite other pod's not picking this up when looking at the scans before. Who do you believe ? Surgery is the only cure and I'm seeing my pod about this next week. I'm a complicated one !

What's your diagnosis and treat ment plan ?

nabila A on 3/24/04 at 06:27 (147656)

My Pod wants to do lase r treatment, although I have been told that as my PF has been for 3yrs this may not work.I have tried cortizone injections, I am wearing night splints and am waiting for new orthotics, I think that if the new orthotics do not help then, my GP says that surgery is next.
I do not know if all of this will help my knee as I have Patella femeral syndrome, and I do not know what the next step is for that as I have tried Physio, and now I am havin gquite bad pain in my hip, the same side as my knee.
I am having blood tests for Rheumatoid arthritus, still waiting for the results.
So i dont know what the end results will be or what will happen next
I also have a lgeish swelling on my left achilles, I dont know if that will go or if I will need surgery. So it is all up in the air at the minute
Good luck with your surgery.

Pete on 3/24/04 at 12:02 (147669)

Not heard of laser treatment, and based on this site I'm not sure it's going to help. But I'm not a Doc and I don't know you're full situation. Is your POd refering to ESWT ? If so, the length of time you've had PF won't make a difference. Didn't help me but I now know I don't have PF.

I also get stiff knees which I'm convinced are due to my orthotics.

Surgery for PF can be pretty traumtaic so be sure your pod knows what he's doing. Good luck