Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Calling John -- can you do us a favor...

Posted by Ed Davis, DPM on 3/22/04 at 22:55 (147572)

John:
Please see my discussion with Tim on the Shoe Board. Considering what I know of your history I wanted to nominate you as official testor of the Z-coil concept. Somehow, I envision you as the right person for the job. Would you consider obtaining a pair (I will split the cost with you) testing them and reporting back to us? You will be potentially more objective than I or Richard (our heads are too cluttered with biomechanical ideas that may or may not be serving us well in this situation).
Ed

Re: Calling John -- can you do us a favor...

Richard, C.Ped on 3/23/04 at 08:08 (147583)

Just for the heck of it, I am going to go undercover to the local Z shoe store and see what they have to say. Who knows, maybe we can establish a relationship where they provide the shoe and I make the orthosis.

Kathy G on 3/23/04 at 08:28 (147590)

See John, I told you that you were our resident guinea pig! Now remember, you can't try the zcoil shoes and those nifty sandals at the same time. You'll have to set up a calendar to keep track of what shoes you're supposed to be wearing at what time!

marie on 3/23/04 at 09:01 (147593)

Can he still wear his argile socks with these shoes?

best wishes marie

john h on 3/23/04 at 09:57 (147597)

Just wait! Argyle socks and knickers will make a come back. Add to that two tone shoes.

john h on 3/23/04 at 09:59 (147598)

The only thing I know about Z Coil is they may help you dunk the round ball a little better.

marie on 3/23/04 at 10:29 (147605)

Alright.....that's the one thing I still can't do very well....jump. I can still shoot ok but my basketball game participation in the driveway is over. Please try these and let us know how they work.

Are you allowed to play basketball in argyles? :) I'll have to give it a try...maybe my game will improve.

marie

Pam S. on 3/23/04 at 10:33 (147607)

JOHN!!! You will look so WAY COOL in those shoes!!!!Please be sure to post a pic for us!!! However, I might be leery - the queer eyes might spot you. Your can handle it!!!!pam

Richard, C.Ped on 3/23/04 at 11:36 (147614)

Golf shirt, white shorts, black socks, white zcoil walking on the beach with a metal detector.

Necee on 3/24/04 at 22:30 (147714)

I know this lady who comes to our auctions from time to time, she wears Z coil shoes, and swears by them. She said she once had back and foot pain, and when she started wearing Z coils all the pain went away. Go figure.

They are just about as ugly as Birks, but who cares, as long as they keep you from hurting.

Happy trails...

Necee

dave r on 3/26/04 at 06:48 (147801)

Ed, I have a pair of Z-Coil shoes that I do not wear. I would be willing to give them to you or John for your test. they are a size 9 if you are interested.........The only thing that I can say is that they seemed to irratate my heels. I didnt wear them for a long time so they really didnt get a fair test.

john h on 3/29/04 at 10:05 (148053)

Dave: Thanks buddy but I am a size 10 1/2 and my feet still seem to be growing. It would really be cool to say to my buddies 'How do you like my new Z Coil shoes?' Might even be a babe magnet.

dave r on 3/29/04 at 15:56 (148079)

Stick to your sandals John......Chicks dig guys in sandals....

Carole C in NOLA on 3/29/04 at 18:11 (148091)

Now John, your natural magnetism is enough to get Mary to stick with you all these years! You don't need Z-Coils for that.... :)

I know peoples' ears and noses seem to just keep growing as they age, but feet? Tell me it isn't so! LOL

Carole C (with the size 9.5 feet that were 8.5's 30 years ago)

john h on 3/30/04 at 11:03 (148130)

after about 30 Carol I think many peoples feet grow about 1/2 size a decade. When I was 21 my foot size was 8 1/2 D. I am now a 10 1/2 D. My arches are still good so it is not the flatening of the feet. Maybe that is why all you girls have foot problems. You refuse to recoginize your feet have grown.

john h on 3/30/04 at 11:05 (148131)

Thanks Dave. How about socks with sandals? I always have thought you look cooler without socks but some of the girls here think that is lame.

Carole C in NOLA on 3/30/04 at 17:03 (148153)

That could be! I still feel like I 'belong' in an 8 1/2 B, even though I haven't worn one for many years.

I prefer very snug running shoes and I hate floating around in them, so I wear a 9 1/2.

I didn't know that peoples' feet continue to grow as they age.

Carole C

Suzanne D. on 3/30/04 at 17:10 (148154)

My mother used to say that feet 'spread' as a person gets older. Maybe this is what she meant! I have also heard that the same hormones that enable a woman's pelvis to 'spread' during childbirth also have an effect on bones in other parts of the body, and so a woman may find her feet seem to grow after having children. I never knew if that was an 'old wive's tale' or truth. I did wear a 9 1/2 or 10 in high school and now wear an 11. I sure hope my feet don't grow any more! I have a hard enough time finding shoes now!

Suzanne :)

Carole C in NOLA on 3/30/04 at 20:53 (148162)

My mother always said she gained a shoe size for each child she bore. Since I only had one child, I really didn't get much of a chance to test that theory! However, my shoe size also increased about one to one and a half sizes.

Carole C