Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Foot Trainers helped me

Posted by Bob P on 3/23/04 at 13:20 (147620)

I developed Plantar Fasciitis in the fall of 2003. I thought I could run through it but by December I had to stop running. I would like to thank Dorothy for recommending the Foot Trainers. I got them in January and started stretching and strenthening every day. After 4 weeks I was able to resume running and am slowly moving up to my pre-injury distances. I am continuing to use them to stay injury free. If you suffer from Plantar Fasciitis, I would certainly give them a try.

Bob P

Re: Foot Trainers helped me

Mike W on 3/24/04 at 12:06 (147670)

Hello Bob,

I am happy to hear of your progress. Don't forget to perform the exercises before you run. I hope you stay injury free.

Regards,

Mike W

Peter A on 3/24/04 at 15:41 (147686)

Has anyone else tried these? When I recently read about them I thought they made sense. I also wonder if it is possible to do the strengthening exercises without the trainers -- using your hand, or some other device to oppose the extensors. I do know that just pushing up with my foot & toes against my hand gives a sense of relief to the plantar fascia and whole underside of my foot, but of course I have no idea if doing it that way has any therapeutic value.

Mike W on 3/25/04 at 02:14 (147722)

Hello Peter,

You should use the search function on this site for more testimomials.

You can't perform the exercises properly with your hand.

The goal of these exercises is to relax/lengthen the short tight flexor foot/lower leg muscles. This is achieved by contracting the extensors. This is known as reciprocal muscle innervation and it does have therapeutic value.

Regards,

Mike W