Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Strange pain 2 months post-op

Posted by Mike on 3/24/04 at 09:55 (147663)

I had release surgery Jan 30 of this year and have been doing fairly well.
The other day I started having an unusual pain in the arch of my operated foot. The pain is across the arch (side to side) and feels as though Im stepping on a pencil while barefoot.
It comes and goes to various degrees but I especially notice it when bending down to tie my shoes or pick something up off the floor.

Has anyone here experienced something similar to this? Could this be a sign of some other condition?

Re: Strange pain 2 months post-op

Nasim on 3/24/04 at 10:31 (147665)

Mike,

I experienced same problem after surgery. I had surgery last year in july. After MRI it appeared that it was scar tissue.I again have surgery for scar tissue on 2/26/04. So far I am doing better. Check with your surgeon and ask about the possibilities of developin scar tissue. Good luck.

Mike on 3/24/04 at 13:37 (147676)

Thanks - I will ask him.
Seems strange that scar tissue would develop on the bottom of my foot - well away from the incision on my ankle.

I had three incisions - inner ankle, top of foot and side of leg under my knee. Did you have any incisions on the bottom of your foot?

Nasim on 3/26/04 at 09:49 (147817)

Mike,

I have only inner ankle incision but pain was all over on the bottom of foot and even on the big toe. Pain was so horrible that I can't even wear closeout shoes with that pain. I have scar tissue removed by Arthroscopy it seeems helping. Again Good luck.

Nasim on 4/15/04 at 15:19 (148972)

Mike,

Just wanted to check that how are you doing now?