Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr Dellon for TTS and insurance coverage out of state?

Posted by William Wilt on 3/25/04 at 06:46 (147726)

Hello,

If i live in NY and dr delon is a surgeon in Baltimore, MD how do i get my insurance to cover it out of state?

Re: Dr Dellon for TTS and insurance coverage out of state?

Mike on 3/25/04 at 08:13 (147732)

It all depends on the company and type of policy you have. Dellon is a Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO provider. I was told that they work with out of State BCBS patients all the time and have never had a problem but I found out the hard way that BCBS HMO of NE will not cover it.

Most likely you will need to get a referral from your primary Dr. and have the proceedure pre-approved by your insurance co.

Terry D. on 3/25/04 at 12:53 (147764)

William,
I have Blue Cross of Mi and they covered everything. I think the total bill( 2.5 hr. surgery, hospital, anesthesia, office call, and tts testing) was around $5,000 and again bcbs of Michigan paid all but maybe $50. The hospital was Union Memorial..
Terry
ps he's the guy to see

Mike on 3/25/04 at 13:09 (147769)

Terry,
Was Dellon an In-Network Provider for Blue Cross of MI?
If not did you have to go through a pre-aproval process?

Im currently wading thru the B.C. appeal process and was wondering what all you had to go through and/or how you were approved.

Sorry - dont mean to hi-jack this thread but its all relevant.

Terry D. on 3/26/04 at 17:07 (147879)

Mike,
I don't know the answer to that question. My blue cross policy doesn't have a network. But I do know he participated with my bcbs of mi.
Terry