Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

6 year old needs nite splints

Posted by kerri b on 3/25/04 at 09:35 (147740)

hello,

the 'nice stretch' nite time splints are what i need for my 6 year old daughter she has to have regular casts made for her tight heel cords and they are not easy to sleep with! is there a nice stretch cast for children, she is a size 13.

please let me know.

thank you , kerri b

Re: 6 year old needs nite splints

Pauline on 3/25/04 at 20:28 (147797)

Hi Kerri, I'm sorry to hear that your daugher is having problems at such a young age. I can only imagine your concern and worry. Hopefully your working with an Orthopedic Surgeon who specializes in Pediatrics because these little ones really need special care.

If you check the size charts on the N'ice Splints web site, I think you'll find they are two large for you daughter, but you could always check with the manufacturer to see if they may a childs version.

Best of luck.

Ed Davis, DPM on 3/26/04 at 23:03 (147905)

kerri:
I, unfortunately, have not found any pre-made night splints for children.
What I do is order a pre-fabricated plastic dropfoot brace for kids then remove a wedge from both sides, add velcro and voila-- a pediatric night splint -- we podiatrists just try a bit harder than many orthopedic surgeons.
Ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 3/26/04 at 23:10 (147908)

kerri:
Manual therapy can really help a six year old with tight heel cords too.
Ed