Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Shock Wave Congress in Vienna 2005

Posted by Jan R. on 3/26/04 at 05:10 (147800)

Come to Vienna in May 2005 and discuss your controversies in an open forum. And take the opportunity to present your data - and have them discussed thoroughly:

8th INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS OF THE ISMST 2005
combined with the 5th Joint Meeting of the Austrian, Swiss and
German Societies for Orthopaedic Shockwave Therapy,
May 29th - June 1st 2005, Vienna, Austria

'Hotel Marriot', Parkring 12 a, 1010 Wien,
e-mail: (email removed),
http://www.marriotthotels.com/vieat

The organizing committee welcomes papaer submissions to http://www.ismst.com
Congress language is English.
Deadline is February 28, 2005

More information is available at ismst@aon.at

The congress secretariate will be available at hik@auva.sozvers.at

Re: To all our Doctors Shock Wave Congress in Vienna 2005

Pauline on 3/26/04 at 13:56 (147864)

To our Doctors,
What an offer and opportunity. I think Dr. Rompe's offer has really put the ball in your court now to act on what you've been asking for.

You've been talking about presenting your case for a very long time now, so what better opportunity could be presented or offered to you.

It appears like perfect timing too, because it give you and your professional societies time to prepare and be ready to go. You'd have over a year to prepare and not only that you'd be presenting yourselves
and your arguements in a respected arena where this discussion should be taking place.

Dr. Rompe has often said that this forum although good for it's purpose it not the proper arena for presenting scientific data that you hope will make changes in how ESWT for P.F. is viewed by the medical community and insurance companies.

Now you have an open invitation, proper timing, and the best arena to discuss the data that you have collected. To pass this by, to me, would seem to indicate that you're not as serious about changing the mindset as your posts would lead us to believe.

A great opportunity knocks. I for one hope you don't let this opportunity pass you by. As you've often said patients are waiting for and deserve change. You now have an effective way to put your cards on the table. Question is will you take the challenge and opportunity to help your patients or will you again put the blame on others for defeating you?

Thank you Dr. Rompe for providing this invitation, opportunity and yes even challenge to our doctors.

Re: Shock Wave Congress in Vienna 2005

Dr. Z on 3/26/04 at 17:18 (147882)

Thanks Dr. Rompe
I am looking forward to this specific congress.

Pauline on 3/26/04 at 18:17 (147890)

Dr. Z,
Looking forward to a meeting and actually presenting your data are different things.

Will you take this opportunity to actually discuss the data you and Dr. Ed have collected in open forum?

It sounds like Dr. Rompe will attend so we'll get feed back from both of you and Dr. Ed. too if he goes. He too has an interest in getting his data out as well.

Dr. Z on 3/26/04 at 18:29 (147891)

I will put the data together and Elliott can present while I am sight seeing the beautiful city of Vienna. Seriously. I am in the process of putting together data. Whether I present it at the congress will depend on whether it has been accepted for publication already. You aren;t allow to lecture on materials submitted to a journal.

Pauline on 3/26/04 at 22:28 (147900)

Ah, but can't you still present your data for discussion. Your own material would not have been submitted to a journal. Isn't this what Dr. Rompe is saying? Bring your data to the table for open discussion.

You can always comment on the submitted material in a letter to the editor after the article is published. Sort of a one, two punch.

Dr. Z on 3/26/04 at 22:54 (147902)

So have you been to Vienna? I can't wait. I will be prepared. Who knows the kind of data I will have in one year. Our group is expanding to other parts of the body, ie elbows, shoulders, patellar tendon. I do alot of Achilles tendinosis myself. I have alot of time to prepare for this. I am really looking forward to this.

Ed Davis, DPM on 3/26/04 at 23:13 (147909)

Dr. Rompe:
Thank you for the invitation. It is a great opportunity, not to mention a chance to see Vienna!
Ed

Pauline on 3/27/04 at 09:37 (147935)

If your asking me Dr. Z, yes I've been to Vienna several times. It's a beautiful city. Bring your waltzing shoes and try to take in at least one concert. You may even catch one in the park while drinking beer and munching on curled radish strips.

Unfortunately you won't be there to celebrate the New Year, but New Years Eve at the Opera House is the very best experience in music and fun if you can secure tickets. While there you still take an interesting tour of the place even if it's off season.

If I were you I'd allow more time, heck once your there extend your stay.
Catch the train and go to Salzburg. Stay at a B&B instead of a hotel and enjoy the people, sights, and sounds. If you want to relive the 'Sound of Music' you can take a personalized tour or with a small group to locations where some of the film was made. What will surprise you is what looked sooooo large in the film was actually small in scale.

Your also a tour bus away from Prague or you can drive. Be forewarned your wife will bring home tons of cut crystal. Not Waterford, but nice enough to use and you won't care if pieces get broken. At these prices you can ship it home for all your staff members and friends. They will think you spend a fortune.

Lots to see and do, and sooooo many beer halls to visit you may just sneak out of a meeting or two.

You can never go wrong with a trip to Vienna. Once there, Strauss won't ever let you forget this city.

Dr. Z on 3/27/04 at 12:17 (147956)

Pauline,

Just readng your post has me excited about the city. Its one place I have always wanted to visit. If things work out I would be just alittle intimated presenting an abstract in Vienna and meeting all the names such as Dr.Rompe, Buch, Schaden that I read about. I still can't believe that DR. Rompe comes to this site. and that when I e-mail Dr. Buch he responses . The miracles of the internet. !!! If it weren't for Scott R and heelspus.com I would never have heard about ESWT sooo soon. I can tell you love to travel and appreciate Europe

cv on 4/21/04 at 18:11 (149307)

a