Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Google advertising ?? ScottR

Posted by BrianG on 3/26/04 at 08:16 (147809)

I am now seeing Google advertising on the second page of all the topics. I this something new, or have I picked up a virus?

Re: Google advertising ?? ScottR

scottr on 3/26/04 at 11:49 (147832)

Yes, i testing the google advertising. Right now it is set to show only the most recent 500 posts. Part of the reason is to see if google will start listing the message board in searches. right now, google is aware of only a few of the posts that are made.s

Kathy G on 3/26/04 at 13:21 (147848)

Interesting, Scott. Yesterday, or maybe the day before, I did a Google search on those custom sandals that John is going to try out. The name of them escapes me, which as you know, is nothing new! At any rate, John's message about them came up in the search. It's the first time I've ever done a search on anything regarding feet that I remember seeing a post from your site. I almost always use Google for my searches.

On the other hand, how did I find your site in the first place, oh so many years ago? It must have been one of the few posts that Google lists, as you mentioned.

So, is there anything we should do, as regular users, to help your Board to become more visible to Google? I mean, should we click on the ads? Anything we can do to help, you know!

Re: ScottR, you can register your site for free on Google...here's how

marie on 3/26/04 at 20:22 (147897)

Scott I see that you're experimenting with the ads. Have you registered your site at Google? It's free. Also you may want to add google to your meta tag or something related to that word. Google will pick up on it if you have it in your meta tag. I'm still learning but I think it may help. Hope you don't mind my help? And my offer is still open....I can create a political board that you can link to. Nothing fancy but I did offer last fall and that offer will stay on the table. My time is limited so I would need to know if there is interest. You have my email so if you have any ideas I am open to them. Also you gave permission for me to link to HS and I'd very much like to do that....hope it's still ok.

best wishes marie

Re: Google advertising - scottr

scottr on 3/27/04 at 07:12 (147929)

I made a typo in my post about google ads. The 500 most recent posts do not have any advertising.

Re: Pictures of frequent posters...

Suzanne D. on 3/27/04 at 08:10 (147931)

Are the pictures that used to be accessed at the top of the Social Board gone for good, ScottR? I wondered if you planned to bring them back after your testing of the advertising. When I first came here two years ago, the pictures made me feel these were 'real' people posting and helped me feel welcome.

Suzanne :)

Kathy G on 3/27/04 at 09:17 (147932)

Yes, Scott, I liked those pictures, too, although my mug will never see the light of day on the site. The shock would be too much for the systems of those already experiencing pain from foot ailments!:))

Re: I see they're back. Thanks! (eom)

Suzanne D. on 3/28/04 at 08:06 (147993)

john h on 3/29/04 at 09:45 (148047)

Come on Kathy put that picture out there for us all to see. You probably have that 'Mona Lisa Smile'.

john h on 3/29/04 at 09:58 (148051)

I found Scott by doing a search on 'Wierd guys in Alabama'.

john h on 3/29/04 at 10:00 (148052)

Kathy those sandals are made up in Dr. Eds turf. I think it is Vancouver, Washington. Probably some 60's hippies started the company.