Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Yahoo Chat

Posted by Richard, C.Ped on 3/26/04 at 12:33 (147836)

Does anyone have Yahoo messinger? I know some used to chat on AOL, but for some reason that does not work on my computer.

If you do, my screen name is cpedrich.

That is, if anyone wants to chat with silly ole me. haha

Re: MSN messinger

Richard, C.Ped on 3/26/04 at 12:34 (147837)

I also have MSN messinger with the same screen name.

Kathy G on 3/26/04 at 13:46 (147861)

I have Yahoo messenger but I never use it because I always go on under my AOL account. My niece, who has a new baby and a webcam, keeps urging me to use Yahoo so I can see her baby in real time, so perhaps I will see you there!

Re: Yahoo Chat

marie on 3/26/04 at 20:26 (147898)

My son keeps insisting that i do this so we can chat occasionally. I'll give it a try....I'm always up for learning something new in technology.

Hope all is well the the kids?.....believe me it does get easier.....but more expensive. I have 6 more years of college tuition. Plus I have geeky kids that want to go to grad school....so I know I'll be helping them out for longer than that. But that's ok kids are always a worthwhile investment.

best wishes marie

john h on 3/29/04 at 09:57 (148050)

I do not know how parents put kids through college????? When I was in college it was $300 per semester for 15-18 hours. I worked at the student union snack bar, waiter in the dining room, was a driver for an older doctor and his wife and delivered mail in the xmas season to pay for room and board. Sure was a lot of fun.

marie on 3/29/04 at 18:22 (148094)

Well....John..my son's tutition is $17,000.00 a year and that does not include his dorm and food. It totals out to about $23,000.00 a year. We are fortunate because he is bright and works hard on his studies which enabled him to get his tuition cut in half and a $1000.00 towards room and board and he also works part time. He is the floor RA at his dorm which knocks off another 3400.00, a yearbook staff member which earns him extra spending money and a student ambassador. He also works in the summer. We ask that he come up with at least 3000.00 to help out. He seems to get awards and grants all the time. He got about 5000.00 awarded to him recently. In the end we pay out about 3000.00-4,000. He has next year covered with scholarship and grant monies. He's heading down to LSU for the summer he got a grant to research nano technology. Tom's a Chem Engineering major and is attempting a minor in bio-processing and somehow maintains a 4.0. Don't ask me what nano technology is dunno??...I think it has to do with the study of atoms and individual molecules....I think. I think he'll enjoy the southern lifestyle and who knows maybe he'll come home with an accent. ;)

My 16 year old wants to do something with science field as well...genetics, medical technology or forensics. We just started looking at schools. How I gave birth to a pair of scientists is beyond me? :-/

PS:
My tuition was $360.00 per semester for 12 or more hours. Things have changed.

Re: I chat on AOL Instant Messenger

Necee on 3/30/04 at 07:41 (148117)

I chat on AOL, but rarely see any PF buddies there anymore.
Laurie, Tammie, Maureen, Judy S, Wendy, are you out there????

Happy trails...

Necee

Re: I chat on AOL Instant Messenger

wendyn on 3/30/04 at 20:29 (148160)

Hi Necee - I remember our great chats about the Bed and Breakfast!!! I think it was you anyway...I'm getting older so I'm not 100% positive.
:'>

I had to give up the messenger when I went back to school. I am way too fond of socializing, and there were just way too many interesting people to talk to.....

:D

Re: Death in family sorry

Tammie on 3/31/04 at 23:35 (148231)

I am sorry I have been caretaking of my last granny and she passed yesterday. Its my mom's mom and it has been very hard. I am trying to be there for her as well and it seems my body makes it a real challenge each day. But we did it and I am happy I was allowed that gift. Sorry if my email is really behind but soon I hope to get back . Right now I try when I can. Hope to talk soon and get back to mail . A bit at time.

Necee on 4/01/04 at 00:23 (148241)

Tammie I'm so sorry about the death of your Granny. It's always hard when loved ones die. I hope you find comfort in knowing that I'm thinking about you.
Take care and please let us know how you're doing.

Necee

Suzanne D. on 4/01/04 at 06:28 (148244)

Tammie, I am sorry about the death of your grandmother. You have my sympathy and prayers. @};- I am sure you made her last days more pleasant, and how like you to do for her even when you probably were in pain yourself.

Get some rest now if you can. I am thinking of you.

Suzanne :)

Re: I chat on AOL Instant Messenger/ to wendyn

Bud P on 4/02/04 at 23:54 (148341)

Wendy,
I've been coming to this site for about two years. I never knew that you all got together in a chat room. If they do start chatting please let me know. (email removed) Thanks

Re: I chat on AOL Instant Messenger/ to wendyn

wendyn on 4/03/04 at 22:07 (148376)

Hi Bud - actually I think it was more than 2 years ago

wendyn on 4/03/04 at 22:09 (148377)

Tammie, I'm sorry about your loss. Grandmother's are very special.

Take care.

Also, thanks for your nice post earlier in the week. I haven't had a chance to be online (been fighting a cold and now a migraine).

marie on 4/04/04 at 18:01 (148396)

Tammie,

So sorry to hear about your granny. It's so hard when your last grandparent passes away. It's like a part of who you are...your memories stop. I do hope that you are taking good care of yourself during this time! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

best wishes marie

Will B on 4/07/04 at 12:13 (148528)

If this is really Richard, C.Ped - all you should have to do is reinstall the messanger if you have a valid sceen name. The install may have become corrupted do to any number of things.

lem on 4/07/04 at 18:33 (148554)

i love msn messenger

Re: Thank you

Tammie on 4/08/04 at 13:17 (148591)

I just wanted to thank everyone for the nice thoughts and words! I was very close to this granny in alot of ways. But I am thankful she is at peace with no more suffering as cancer is not a pleasant thing to have for anyone. She had a beautiful service her sendoff was fit for a queen. Which in her family she was just that! So again thank you every one and I am doing fine with it.Just very tired.

Suzanne D. on 4/08/04 at 20:51 (148606)

Good to hear from you, Tammie, and glad you're doing o.k. I hope you can get some rest now. How is your pain in general these days?

Take care,
Suzanne :)

Richard, C.Ped on 4/09/04 at 10:17 (148620)

We just installed DSL so the AOL chat works now!!

My screen name is cpedrich

marie on 4/09/04 at 18:51 (148626)

Get some rest. Be sure to take care of yourself. Glad your Granny had a beautiful funeral.

best wishes marie