Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

John, How's George?

Posted by marie on 3/26/04 at 20:33 (147899)

john, how is your kitty doing? I hope he will be well soon and stay out of those trees.

I had a cat that got chased up a tree by the neighbors dog, and Afghan hound. It was an old very tall tree. She was so high up that we could barely see her. I don't know how she got down. We tried everything. The tree was located in a place were no one could get a ladder or anything up to her. After a couple of days she came to the door hungry!!!!!She slept for two days. The whole thing scared the bajeebers out of me.

Re: John, How's George?

john h on 3/29/04 at 09:53 (148049)

Marie: thanks for asking about George. He seems to be doing as well as you can being pinned up for all this time. I am concered his foot seems to angle off to one side. He does not put any weight on it so I do not know if he is just holding it that way or the surgeon put it back together that way. He will have the stitches out Thursday and the pin removed but still about 5 more weeks in the pin with no weight on the leg.

He was originally owned by a sweet little girl up the street who is about 8 years old. Her father does not like cats and was treating him badly so over time he started staying with us. The little girls has been to see George 3 times and every times thanks us for taking care of him. It is so sad to see her pet him and tell him she loves him. I would like to kick her fathers butt. Her mother also stopped by and thanked us as she also likes cats but said her husband just would not let them take care of him in any way. He is solid white with a black tail and is about 8 years old. I have to give him meds twice a day which is no easy deal with his broken leg. I have two indoor cats that I have had for 8 years. My previous two indoor cats lived about 19 years. I may end up having to make him an indoor cat depending on how his leg heals. My wife is not keen on that but you got do what you got to do.

Anne H. on 3/29/04 at 10:52 (148060)

John: Bless your heart for caring. The world could use more people like you. :-) Thanks for updating us on George's condition. I'll continue to keep him in my thoughts.

Anne

Suzanne D. on 3/29/04 at 12:52 (148067)

Hi, John! So your kindness extends even beyond helping George. You're also helping a little girl feel better about the cat she loves, and you're being a life-saver for the little girl's mother who is in a rough spot with her husband's attitude. That's triple-nice!

Thanks for being a kind man. @};- Lots of guys could learn something from you.
Suzanne :)

marie on 3/29/04 at 18:00 (148089)

I can relate to that little girl....my father hated cats with a passion. When I was 14 my friend's cat had kittens. I made a bold decision on my own and brought home a little tabby kitten from the litter. My father was infuriated. He put the kitten in the garbage can and put the lid on it. Of course as soon as he left I took her out of the garbage and sat down and wrote him a long letter about my disapointment in him. He had a change of heart and let me keep her. I had her for over 16 years. Every time my dad came for a visit the first thing he wanted to see was 'Tabby'. He actually grew very fond of her but he still claimed to hate all cats.

I am fortunate that I am married to an animal lover. We have two indoor kitties and one that does as she pleases...she's the reigning queen. Of course our little mini dachsund puppy is keeping them on their kitty tip toes.

Well I sure hope George gets well and can manage on his own. It sounds like he is in good hands. John you have a big heart and you're that little girls hero. Thanks for the update. Thanks for caring about George.

best wishes marie