Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heal/Toe Pain

Posted by Shelli F on 3/27/04 at 09:31 (147934)

Dr. Z ,
I have had pain in my heals for several years now. Five years ago I had surgery to relieve this pain. All was well untill eight months ago. The pain is back with advengence. The Dr. Cut the tendon at the bottom of my foot. Allowing the spur to go in to the fatty part of my foot. I went back to him four months ago. He gave me a cortizone shot in the bottom of my heal. (IT DID NOT HELP) He told me to get a JOB WITH INSURANCE and call him back when I did. It is getting so bad I can hardly walk. I take muscle relaxers, pain pills, and anti-inflamitories to relieve the pain. The only problem is they are not my rx.(The rx belongs to my husband!) If I was to get Drug Tested at my Job I would be fired. I was told of a new treatment where they use sound waves to break the spur appart. Does this treatment work? I need help now! (THE DR. WHO DID SURGERY SAID BY LAW HE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN TREAT ME! IS THIS ALSO TRUE?) I will be unable to walk by the end of the year if nothing is done. The pain is un-bearable. If I am off my foot for more than fifteen minutes it's all she wrote the pain is horiffic. I also am told I have web toes. They are all curled up and grip the floor when I walk. They are getting to be so painful. They will not straighten up even when I try to force them straight. Where am I to go for relief? What steps should I take to rid myself of this horrific pain? I NEED HELP!! The un-insured in South Eastern Ohio.

Re: Heal/Toe Pain

Dr. Z on 3/27/04 at 12:09 (147953)

Shelli
First of all there is no law that states that you must only see this docotr. ESWT or shockwave is the procedure that you are talking about. It is non-invasive and is indicated for heel pain that is caused by plantar fasciitis. The location of the pain needs to be where the fascia ( what you call tendon) attaches to the bottom of the heel. If you would like additional information sent to you just e-mail me at (email removed) or read about ESWT on this web site. Feel free to
ask any questions.