Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

7 WEEKS POST OP WHAT SHOULD I BE ABLE TO DO?

Posted by James C on 3/28/04 at 22:05 (148025)

I had tts and partial pf surgery on my left foot on 02/06/04 and I was wondering how some of these people have returned to work so quick. I still struggle to walk from one end of my house to the other.I can't even throw ball with my daughter outside without sitting in a chair. If I stand on my feet for more than 10-20 minutes I am done for just about the rest of the day. I am still using crutches if I go to church or anywhere I have to walk very far.I have the same diagnosis in my right foot so I hurt in it too.I have started pt and this seems as though it has helped a little .I can at least were a tennis shoe now. I have some swelling in mt incision my dr and pt thinks this might be scar tissue. Will this go away without sugery and could this be why I am still havimg pain and tingling in my left foot?I was told this would probably take 8-12 weeks I guess I'm rushing things.I don't know if I'll have my other foot done if my left one dosn't get any better than it is now.
James C

Re: 7 WEEKS POST OP WHAT SHOULD I BE ABLE TO DO?

William on 3/29/04 at 16:05 (148081)

James,

I feel bad for you , as i am also a letter carrier and this damn job caused this. I also may have tts, as i am scheduled for a nerve test next week. My mri shows tenosynovitis of the tarsal tunnel tendons. I am in constant pain and been home on s/l. I was wondering what type of doctor did your surgery? podiatrist or foot and ankle orthopedic surgeon? Did he/she tell you the success rate on tts surgery? I am seeing a foot and ankle ortho and says tts success is 50%. I dont think this is very good odds. He wants to go in and free up the nerve and clean the tendonitis. I do not think i'll do it. James i've heard this could take up to a year to see results, so you may be impatient now. It is such a long recovery process. Also what are they haveing you do in physical therapy that seems to help? Peace be with you and good luck.

Letter carrier william wilt

lauriel on 3/30/04 at 12:58 (148136)

James I had TTS surgery 12/02, I was still using crutches a lot the following march, and couldnt be on my feet for more than 20 minutes until like May - it is just slow healing and some heal a lot faster than others. PT should be great for you and make sure they work the incision area so you dont develop scar tissue. just take it slow and your will get better and good luck!

Laurie

James C on 3/31/04 at 18:24 (148209)

william
I went to a pod. I have went to three different ones. They have been using a thing called Sport x it helps with the swelling. It seems as though it has worked as of now I can wear a shoe without much pain.I am going back to my dr tommorrow and I guess he will tell me what he thinks. As of right now I wish I would not have done it but my wife says to give it time.My dr told me that it would be about 50% as well.That is not the best of odds but I was hurting so bad that I was willing to take those odds. I may be judging to quick, BUT THESE WALLS ARE CLOSING IN ON ME. The po has called me a few times to check on me and I'm hoping that they are going to offer me a modified clerks position. My pod said he thought that I would never be able to carry my walking route again.We do not have any total mounted routes in our office.I am waiting until I finish with pt before I talk to them about my job.How did it go with the dr and your ca2 forms? I hope you get approved.Good luck
James C

James C on 3/31/04 at 18:27 (148210)

Laurie
Did you have any scar tissue and did you have any tingling and pain in other areas that did not hurt before? They have been working on the scar tissue and it seems as though it has helped.
Thanks James C