Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

birkenstock

Posted by char on 3/31/04 at 11:59 (148190)

O.K. I'm confused my foot doctor said to never wear a slip on shoe for my Plantar Fasciitis, now your all saying wear birkenstock, that that helps your pain, I have been in hard plastic orthodics in tenny shoe ( good one only) for 4 years with no releif, Would these Birks your all talking about help me?????

Re: birkenstock

Suzanne D. on 3/31/04 at 12:31 (148192)

Char, I'm sorry that you've been in pain for so long. I would guess, although I don't know for sure, that when your doctor said not to wear slip-on shoes, he meant not to wear shoes with little support like flip-flops, flat sandals, etc.

Birkenstock shoes, on the other hand, have an orthotic footbed and have helped many people who suffer from PF. That is true of the Birk sandals as well as their closed shoes.

I would suggest to try to go to the Birkenstock store nearest you and try on the Arizona sandal. You will be able to tell qiuckly if the sandal seems to feel right to you or not. If you cannot do that, there are online resources for Birks that allow returns. You might feel it is worth paying the shipping cost to try them out. If you need links to some of those places, let me know.

Char, I would also suggest you read the Heel Pain Book (click on the blue link here) to see what other conservative treatments you might also try to help relieve your pain.

Good luck,
Suzanne :)

Suzanne D. on 3/31/04 at 12:32 (148193)

I see it's a green link today on my computer rather than blue. Anyway, just click on the words 'Heel Pain Book', and it will take you to it.

Suzanne :)

Bud P on 4/03/04 at 00:25 (148342)

Char,

I purchased my first pair of Birks today. I bought the Arizona sandal which is what everyone on this site raves about. I got the so sole and had it on a few hours today. It felt absolutely great. I was a UPS driver and my route was on Sanibel Island. So I got to know the owner of this store. She offers free UPS shipping. It may be worth your while to check them out. The store name is Comfort by Design. I don't know if they have a web site but you can look. If you want write back and I'll get the phone number for you.

BUd

Re: To Bud

Angela A. on 4/12/04 at 20:02 (148788)

Can I ask how much you paid for your Arizona's?