Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Air cast

Posted by JudyP on 3/31/04 at 14:37 (148198)

Does anyone have any experience with wearing an air cast for PF. I'm planning to purchase one and would like to know if this is useful in healing. Right now I get around on crutches and find it very difficult since I still have to put weight on my feet.

Re: Air cast

Richard, C.Ped on 3/31/04 at 15:43 (148200)

If you go that route, double check to see if insurance will pay for the Air Cast. If so, you will need a physicians prescription. That could save you alot of money.

JudyP on 4/03/04 at 20:23 (148372)

I've just purchased this aircast and it is doing wonders. I put this on when I need to do any type of walking, sometimes with the aid of a crutch. It allows my foot to rest and keeps it immobilized. This cast is covered under extended health plan and cost about $180 cdn. My plan is to wear this cast until the pain subsides and am treating the PF as usual. My PF reached a very chronic stage where I could not walk at all and the pain existed 24/7.

Brad F on 4/07/04 at 12:03 (148527)

On a similar vein I've found the wearing of a ski boot in the morning and after work to help manage the pain. I can move around the house and yard in the boot with out making my condition any worse. I have skied all day in the boot and the foot felt better for the experience.