Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

surgery in a week on the left foot outer side for old ginglins

Posted by Barbara N. on 3/31/04 at 15:46 (148201)

Hi I have had problems with my left foot over a year.After a days work it hurts real bad and the foot is very swollen.I also have a heal spur on the same foot.The Dr.is going to operate on both the problems at the same time. It is a same day surgery and he said I will be out of work for at least two months.But I hope not.I'm health is diabetic,stroke,high blood pruser,artherises over 90% of my body.Has any one had this type of surgery and how did it affect you.I have been to three foot Dr.for this problem we have done all kinds of exerices,medications,splints,and even soft cast.please let me know i have surgery on April 7,2004.thank you in advance for your in put.

Re: surgery in a week on the left foot outer side for old ginglins

Richard, C.Ped on 3/31/04 at 16:11 (148206)

You mentioned that your foot hurts and is swollen. Have you been diagnosed with peripherial neuropathy? Do you have other feeling in your foot? Can you feel if someone tickles your foot?

Dont be upset or scared, I just get concerned when someone with diabetes says their foot is swollen and hurts.

Barbara N. on 3/31/04 at 19:00 (148214)

Yes I have other feelings in the foot.The bottom hurts when I first get up in the morning and when I stand to long.The heal always bothers me and the side of the foot has two of the knots from the gangolin's that sometimes get real big and very sore and other times they are just very sore.

Barbara N. on 4/01/04 at 20:54 (148276)

I went for pre testing today they told me the reason for the surgery is
1-broken ligament
2-ganglins
3-heel spur
this is what the surgery is suppose to fix all three things.