Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

What do I have???

Posted by Todd W. on 4/06/04 at 12:49 (148479)

Hello, I recently had ESWT treatment for my heels on March 24th. I feel that my heels are progressing, slowly, but progressing. I had it on both feet. I had plantar fasciitis in my right for one year, so for that one year i was putting more weight on the front part of my right foot, about 1 week before ESWT the front part of my foot was in pain, but bearable. Now after ESWT I cannot walk on it, I am currently on disability. I went to the DR. on this and she had me get an XRay nothing showed up. She ordered me to have an MRI and I am currently awaiting results. My symptoms are pain in the balls of my foot and 3rd toe. I have swelling on the top front of my right foot and in the ball of my right foot, and at the base of my toes. Any thoughts Dr.s? or anyone? Thanks in advance.

Re: What do I have???

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/06/04 at 23:28 (148500)

Todd:
Without seeing your foot I can only speculate: stress fracture, Morton's neuroma.
Ed

Re: To Dr Ed Davis DPM

Todd W. on 4/07/04 at 00:01 (148511)

Thank you for responding Dr Davis, would the swelling be like that in a case of Morton's neuroma?? (swelling in top of forefoot, base of toes, balls of foot) Also if this is stress fracture would it show up on MRI? Could it be ruptured tendon, or Metatarsalgia? Thanks