Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Tendonosis

Posted by john h on 4/07/04 at 09:50 (148518)

I think this may have been posted but it is worth review. It discusses tendon problems (the plantar fascia is a tendon) and treatment approaches. One thing that caught my eye was the disagreement on the use of orthotics?

http://www.clinicalsportsmedicine.com/articles/common_tendinopathies.htm

Re: Tendonosis

BrianJ on 4/07/04 at 13:53 (148542)

John --

I think your point is important and widely overlooked by many patients and doctors alike. The majority of chronic PF sufferers are actually suffering from a degenerative condition (fasciosis), not an inflammatory condition (fasciitis). This is why cortisone and NSAIDS usually don't help the chronic sufferer. I had seen at least a dozen doctors before someone finally explained this to me.

Re: Tendonosis

Dr. Z on 4/07/04 at 20:06 (148562)

John,
Thansk again for this web site article I use it as a reference. I have for years talked about what I call a soft tissue mal-union for chronic pf on this site. This is where there is non-healing degenerative, damage tissue that won't heal. Of course the article defines this is a much more scientific approach. I again thank you for this valuable teaching information.