Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

degree of dorsal flex

Posted by carolw on 4/10/04 at 15:47 (148667)

I just posted a long query about orthotics and shoes on the insert/orthotic board. In my message I described my history and current foot pain. In brief I have had arch pain and/or pf off an on form many years but have coped and been able to enjoy an active lifestyle. Recently the pain is getting in the way of my exercise..I get vigorous nightly foot massages and am able to plantar and dorsal flex my foot very well. Because of my ease of dorsal flex and becasue I do this several times a day and am able to hold it I did not think the night splint would really help me. Now I am willing to try anything.

I want to know how much I should be able to dorsal flex my foot. If I am not able to dorsal flex to the normal degree perhpas I should get the night splint.

Thanks for help now and for all the great wisdom that is shared on these boards!

Re: degree of dorsal flex

Steve G on 4/10/04 at 20:00 (148671)

Carol - 15 degrees is the number usually given and the number that was given to me by my pod

Re: degree of dorsal flex

carolw on 4/11/04 at 00:42 (148682)

How would I measure the degree of dorsal felxation? Are there any visual guides to this?
Thanks for your response!