Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Endoscopic plantar fasciotomy (sp?) and numb toes

Posted by Lisa G on 4/10/04 at 23:59 (148681)

I had EPF surgery on April 6th, I go back to my Doctor on Monday, but wanted to ask if anyone else had numb toes after the surgery. My two middle toes and the ball of my foot are numb ( or at least partially, my middles toes are numb on bottom but I have feeling on the tops), I'm hoping this is just temporary (since my middle toes have regained some feeling back in the tops) Anyone else have this problem?

Re: Endoscopic plantar fasciotomy (sp?) and numb toes

Dr. Z on 4/11/04 at 21:13 (148718)

It could be from swelling or small nerves being cut during the procedure. At this stage time and patience is the best treatment

Ellen D on 4/12/04 at 15:28 (148769)

My foot was numb all along the outer edge for several weeks after this same surgery. Eventually, all the numbness did go away.

Barbara N. on 4/20/04 at 20:50 (149257)

Hi Lisa
I had this same surgery on the 7th.of April with a little more added to it.I also had to have 7 ganglings taken from the other side of the foot.So I'm cut on both sides of the same foot.I just got the stitches out today 11 of them in all.I have no feels in my pinkie toe and the rest swell up so much I can not tell in them.I'm back into wearing a sandle again it hurts but I push it.I have not taken any pain medication from the beginning.I wanted to push it to get better the Dr.told me today it is healing much faster then he expected since I have diabetis.Now I have to wait till Saturday before I can soak the foot to get the rest of the soreness out or at least try to.Hope you are feeling better by now.As the Dr.told me I can return to work any time I'm ready to go but I will wait till May at least.and not over push it let me know how you are doing.

Barbara