Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

TTS Nerve Block treatment and effectiveness?

Posted by William Wilt on 4/11/04 at 18:37 (148703)

I was wondering if anyone with tts had a nerve block done and how is this injection applied in the ankle or higher up in the calf or leg? Also is the nerve block effective in reducing or eliminating the pain permenaqnetly or temporaqrily and what are the risks involved? Does it have to be done in a hospital? Thanks for the input.

Re: TTS Nerve Block treatment and effectiveness?

Claire on 4/12/04 at 07:36 (148731)

Hi William. I had the nerve block applied at the same time as the release surgery, it lasted for approximately 3-4 days and completlely knocked the nerve/pain out. Mine was injected behind the back of the knee. Take Care.

Re: TTS Nerve Block treatment and effectiveness?

Elaine T on 4/12/04 at 18:55 (148784)

Mine were done right into the ankle, and the second time it went right into the nerve. Worked fanstastically for me, as far as the pain. I had it done in the drs. office. It was definitely, extremely unpleasant, but I would have done anything to get out of pain.

Re: Elaine

Tony Frary on 4/13/04 at 16:55 (148824)

Did it help with the pain temporary or permanently and how long did the relief last? Is ther any risks involved with it?

Re: Elaine

Elaine T on 4/13/04 at 17:23 (148826)

It helped with the pain permanently, but I think I was extremely lucky. Of course, the TTS did NOT go away, and I always knew I would end up having surgery, but at least I was able to live fairly comfortably until I had surgery.