Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

tts recovery time

Posted by Laura P on 4/11/04 at 19:34 (148707)

What is the average time of recovery for tts surgery? My podiatric surgeon also clipped the ligament on the bottom middle of my foot to help relieve a heel spur at the same time of the tts surgery. I had 10 staples at the site of the tts surgery and 10 sutures at the bottom of my foot. I had them removed almost two weeks ago. Surgery was 1 month ago. I work 12 hour shifts at a hospital and am mostly walking and on my feet at work. I still find it painful to put a shoe on that foot, and can only walk without a crutch for a short distance. I am very down because I thought it would not take this long to completely heal. Could you tell me how long the average recovery time for my surgery should be and also when the average time for returning to work without a crutch should be? Please take into consideration my type of work. Thank you.

Re: tts recovery time

Dr. Z on 4/11/04 at 21:07 (148714)

Hi Laura,
Healing time meaning pain, swelling, difficulty walking can last from two months up to one year. 12 hour shifts at a hospital with walking can be very tough on the healing for TTS foot surgery.