Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Cortisone Injections

Posted by Rob S. on 4/12/04 at 23:24 (148798)

How many cortisone injections should have inject in your heel?

When I first started with my heel spr I couldn't walk but when I had a cortison injection I could walk again. I had one then another in six weeks. and then after a year it started to have pain again then I have couple of more injections then it was allright again but it till there with no pain.

And my other foot is starting to have a spr too.

Re: Cortisone Injections

Steve G on 4/13/04 at 00:02 (148799)

Rob - you should not have more than three a year in any given area

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/14/04 at 15:50 (148882)

I would not just be concerned about just the number of cortisone shots but my perception that you are getting such shots in lieu of treatment for the problem.

Cindy B. on 4/22/04 at 09:34 (149345)

Hello, I received 5 injections in a 6 week period from a podiatrist that I went to for the purpose of removing plantar warts. He noted the heel spur on the x-ray but at that time there really was very little pain - I had lived with it comfortably for years.

Now I am under the treatment of a second podiatrist. Since the injections, I have had extreme and sometimes debilitating pain in my heel. No results from physical therapy, NSAIDS, ice, etc. I am now in a cast.

I think the first doc was extremely negligent and incompetent. What do you think? I have no ruled out malpratice investigation.