Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

bump on top of foot-- bunion surgery 4 yrs ago

Posted by Patricia D on 4/13/04 at 06:18 (148802)

My daughter had bunion surgery about 4 yrs ago- she now has a bump on the top of her foot--she says it is in region where the pin is-- I just learned she has had it for several months and doesn't hurt-- it moves and is about trhe size of a hazelnut-- what might be going on--?? thanks for reply-patricia

Re: bump on top of foot-- bunion surgery 4 yrs ago

Barbara N. on 4/13/04 at 21:40 (148834)

Has she checked with a foot Dr.she might have what they call Ganglings I just had surgery for it and I thought I had just two of them when they went in I had seven of them.and some where very old.They felt like lumps in side my foot that at times would hurt real bad some times they felt big.They tell me they usally don't have to do surgery for them.there is ways of breaking them if you catch them in time.they are lumps filled with a liquide.I'm not a Dr.so make sure you get there advice.

Barbara N. on 4/13/04 at 22:36 (148837)

sorry for the blank one.I had bumps on my foot also and afer seeing a Dr.found out they where ganglins in my foot just had them removed April 7.I had started getting them around a year and a half ago and the Dr.keep telling me just to break them after awhile they started hurting me alot and i went to a foot Dr.that is when he told me what it was and i needed surgery to remove them since they had been there so long I'm not a Dr.just want to share with you possiable things to look into.hope she feels better real soon

JULIEK on 4/28/04 at 13:30 (149712)

HI THERE.
i had the same kind of surgery last year. i too have a bump , between the toenail, and the big toe joint. Its fixed and never moves. Actually i have that on both feet in the same place. The dr tells me its extra growth of bone. So i seem to be stuck with it...and although its not REAL large, it gets red and irritated when wearing certain shoes. Also when my feet swell, it gets quite big. If i had this to do over again, i would never have had the surgery. I seem to have more problems now than i ever did before.
Julie

Jay F on 5/05/04 at 06:57 (150060)

This is a web site describing my bunion operation with text and photos. It will be updated as I recover from the surgery. Please stop by if you are interested in this procedure.

http://hometown.aol.com/jayfnewyork/index.html