Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Night splint pain

Posted by Renee S on 4/13/04 at 15:26 (148819)

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has had he same promblem as me. I put the night splint on before going to bed but have to take it off during the night because my toes get numb and start to hurt. It also happends when I wear it while watching TV. Thanks for your help!

Re: Night splint pain

Kathy G on 4/14/04 at 08:51 (148854)

Renee,

I couldn't use the night splint because it caused problems in the area of my foot where I have an atypical neuroma and also where I sprained my ankle but I do know that at first, I had it pulled too tight. I assume you've tried fooling around with the adjustments? I've read here that many people tend to pull it too tight. You've probably thought of that but just thought I'd mention it. Maybe someone else will have a better suggestion.

Good luck!

Renee S on 4/14/04 at 13:40 (148875)

Thanks for your response. Yes I had checked adjustment but I forgot to mention that I had worn the splint for over 3 weeks before this problem started. Anyway, thank you again for your help.

Jerry V on 4/14/04 at 18:50 (148905)

Hi I also have to take off my night splints after about 3 hrs cause my big toe goes numb. I have tried to loosen the straps but no improvement. Good Luck!