Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

entire sole of both feet hurting-please help

Posted by Lisa E. on 4/14/04 at 18:52 (148906)

Hi, I am being treated by a top Orthopedic Surgeol and Podiatrist, but am interested in lay feedback. I recently got a cortisone injection in my foot to treat a recent diagnosis of Bursitis in the ball of my left foot. Although this seems to have reduced somewhat, I am also experiencing severe pain in the form of a 'pins and needles' or 'vibration' on the entire sole of both feet. Nothing seems to be helping. I don't have any ankle pain though. It seems to be only the bottems. Any feedback would be most appreciated. Also, if anyone has gotten a corisone injection, did you experience it helping with time (in other words, did your pain continue to get better with the passing weeks after the injection, or did it get as 'good as it gets' immediately after the injection.
Much thanks, lisa

Re: entire sole of both feet hurting-please help

Terri on 4/14/04 at 20:21 (148917)

Lisa, Hi! I haven't had any cortisone shots so can't advise you on that, but I do remember people on this site saying to do the hot/cold alternating soaks, recommended by their dr's of course. I don't know the reasoning behind it, maybe someone else can help with that, but I suppose it confuses the nerve endings or shocks them somehow and makes them calm down.

marie on 4/14/04 at 20:22 (148918)

Hi Lisa,

I use this site to look up all kinds of medical stuff if you need information: http://medlineplus.gov/

I had many joyful cortezone injections but it only helped for a few weeks. It takes a long time to heal so be prepared it may take a while before you feel like yourself again. It took almost 2 years of healing and determination before I began to resume a normal life. If you have any questions there are lots of folks who would be happy to help!

best wishes marie

Lisa E. on 4/14/04 at 20:40 (148921)

Thank you both for responding to my posting. I have been trying to resolve this for the past year. I do know that it takes lots of time. If you know of the 'method' for the hot an cold soaks, I would really appreciate that. I have been taking hot soaks, (only somewhat soothing temporarily) but not the cold. Best wishes.

Lara on 4/15/04 at 08:57 (148950)

That sounds exactly like my symptoms. Took three years to get a diagnosis (and I live in a city with a med school) - it was tarsal tunnel syndrome. I found compression socks worked wonders for me. Don't work for everyone, but pretty easy to try and stop if it doesn't work.

Lisa E. on 4/18/04 at 19:08 (149098)

Lara, thank you form your reply. I am in NYC. Where are you...curious at to who diagnosed you. How did they make the diagnosis and what else has worked for you? Thanks much.

bluestella on 4/20/04 at 00:03 (149183)

i have had many shots of corizone and i find they only help me for about 2 hours maybe 3 if im lucky and then i get the tingliness again and pain and numbness never goes away. I had tts release last may and i still can not walk :( very long battle and nothing is helping ! I hope they help u