Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Thanks Richard!

Posted by Rachael T. on 4/15/04 at 11:25 (148960)

Thanks Richard! You are right - keep trying & that I shall/will do! Today, in fact, I wore NO orth.....except the orth. footbed that came in my Ariat Boots & it has alot of 'bubble' padding on the underneath of the insole/footbed, which feels like I need in my forefoot (ball) ....Here is the description of those Ariat boot inserts: 'Premium level Ariat Cobalt Pro Tech. w/ gel inserts in forefoot & heel & internal motion control stabilizer to reduce muscle & leg fatigue, & duratread outsole & carbon fiber forked shank.' I only spent an hour in the barn this a.m. -- but shall return this afternoon to ride...w/ hope that this 'new approach' may work. Previously I couldn't wear this or anything w/o some major arch support - this more subtle arch on the Ariat insert felt ok today - but for long duration, I am unsure.....so as you suggested, I shall try & see what works w/ changes intermitt. along the way....that is my 'today thought!' If pain increases, my today thought may not be 'tomorrow's thought!' In ans. to your ? - my SDOs are away as they were too full, also putting me on my forefoot too much causing discomfort. I am beginning to wonder if my PF 'originates' in my forefoot from riding in the irons w/ pressure there....as well as 'stiffer' style boots causing the 'bending' of forefoot to be more strenuous all these years....more thoughts from you always appreciated. Thanks again!