Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Foot Efx arch supports -- to Richard and others as well

Posted by Kamal Sa. on 4/16/04 at 11:39 (149009)

Hi,

I have had PF for almost 3 years and the custom orthotics designed by my POD never really worked for me. I just went to a Foot Efx store and tried their arch supports fitted to my feet by a professional from 36 types they have available. Must say they felt pretty good. Cost around $280. Have already wasted thousands of dollars on failed remedies so wanted to get feedback on this product from Richard and anyone else who has had experience with it. If the feedback is good, I might give them a try.

Thanks,
Kamal.

Re: $280 is a ripoff for premade inserts

Hansy on 4/16/04 at 12:47 (149010)

I looked at their site...dont give them a dime. Nothing made from a standard mold is worth more than $50 so they are crooks

Re: Foot Efx arch supports -- to Richard and others as well

Richard, C.Ped on 4/16/04 at 14:52 (149014)

I have an extremely low opinion about those guys. I personally think that is way to much to pay for a generic peice of plastic. You can get the same thing with the Phase 4 and that is only $29 or so.

Kamal S. on 4/16/04 at 15:12 (149017)

Richard,

What is the Phase 4? Do you recommend those? I tried the EFX arches and they felt pretty good. If Phase 4 is the same thing for $29, would love to try them out.

Kamal.

Dorothy on 4/16/04 at 15:38 (149021)

Richard, D.Ped: I think your comments are such a tremendous asset to this website. Honest, straightforward, no-nonsense, informed. Much appreciated.

Dorothy on 4/16/04 at 15:39 (149022)

Sorry - my spelling reeks today. I meant: Richard, C.Ped, not D. Ped.
I guess I could say: Richard, you D'Ped!

Richard, C.Ped on 4/17/04 at 18:05 (149061)

Oops.....I left that part out. No I do not recommend them at all. The best off the shelf device I like would be the Power Steps. I do not normally recommend off the shelf devices because with any foot condition such as plantar fasciitis, you have to get to the root of the problem as to why it is there in the first place. Gel heel cups and other generic devices are ok, but most often provide relief for a few weeks or so. The custom device, if made correctly, will target the area since it is made to your foot and your foot alone.
Hope that helps ;-)

Richard, C.Ped on 4/17/04 at 18:08 (149062)

haha...I thought I was getting slammed for a minute there. 'Dumb Ped' or something like that. I am sure I get on many peoples nerves with the straight forward opinion, but hey...thats what I do.

Thanx for the kind comments Dorothy!

Kamal S. on 4/18/04 at 20:17 (149102)

Richard and others that responded:

Thanks a lot. I will not waste $280 on EFx and might try powerstep inserts instead.

Kamal.

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/19/04 at 23:56 (149181)

Richard:
I have not heard about these fellows. It seems like a few have jumped on this bandwagon and are off to the races. As you know, I place some blame with our organizations for failing to set standards and educating the public.
Ed

Richard, C.Ped on 4/20/04 at 08:34 (149211)

Ed,
I think the Foot EFX bought out the Good Feet Franchise. I have done some digging and found out that there are some C.Peds that work at these places. That is why I am starting to tell people that just because someone is a C.Ped does not mean they are good.

Ed Davis,DPM on 4/21/04 at 00:49 (149268)

Richard:
Interesting. The Good Feet franchise ownersin the Seattle area renamed their stores the 'NeoVita' stores. There is actually a podiatric 'advisor' to the Good Feet stores, Harry Hlavac, DPM, a fellow who once commanded a measure of respect from colleagues.
Ed

Sabra S on 5/11/04 at 11:58 (150402)

I foolishly spent the $280. on the Foot Efx arch supports and now will possibly have to have surgery to repair the cyst that formed on the arch of my foot. I followed their directions and did not overwear them from day one! The farce in the situation is that there is no guarantee. I truely feel scammed. Any company's product that is worth that much money should feel confident that people are satisfied. I am now on a mission to get the word out so that other people are not scammed either.

FootEfx owner on 8/04/06 at 13:18 (206309)

Quit crying about the money you spent. If you felt better when you bought it that's all that matters.

Cheryl on 8/05/06 at 19:09 (206406)

Richard you have given me some good advice so far. I have ordered the pinnacle to try since my custom o's gave me more pain. I was able to wear them longer but still have heel pain both feet right and left site and now have developed achilles tendonitis. I have an appt with my surgeon on Tuesday and the cped should also be in the office at that time. I am convinced if I get the proper footwear and support my conditon can be alleviated somewhat rather than aggravated. The question I have is will a different(if I can find one)cped evaluate me without a doctors RX?) I had jokingly said I would make a trip to your practice and now am seriously considering it. To everyone suffering out there I think we need to continue to hope and seek out what help we can get. Thanks Richard