Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Tingling after TT surgery

Posted by Mary J on 4/17/04 at 15:53 (149058)

My TT surgery is 8 days old. My entire foot is suffering from a deep, massive deep tingling type of pins and needles. My foot Dr. says he really 'pissed off'....(his words).... my nerves going in there and picking them up after he released the ligament that pressed them down so. He said it would take just 3 or 4 days for this feeling to go away. It is now 8 days and friends say it takes up to several weeks/months for them to calm down. Anyone know for a FACT how long it takes? As long as I know the end is in sight I do not worry - it is the unknown that is scary for me. Tx for your help.....Mary

Re: Tingling after TT surgery

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/20/04 at 00:11 (149187)

Mary:
Why is your doc 'pissed off?' It can take about 7 months to see releif from tarsal tunnel surgery if all goes well although make sure you follow your docs advice carefully -- edema control, PT, etc...
Ed

Mary J on 4/20/04 at 14:55 (149232)

Dear Ed, Thank you for your reply - I feel a lil bit more secure in how long it takes for the recouping time now - thank you. By the way, the Doc was not 'pissed off' at me, he uses that phrasing when he operates near nerves saying how he 'pisses off' the nerves - not me.....(*-*)..tx Mary

JudyB on 4/21/04 at 12:06 (149291)

Not very professional, imo.