Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

A Suspicion

Posted by Mark L on 4/18/04 at 09:32 (149085)

I wouldn't put it past some of the health isnsurance company posting misinformation here in order to negatively influence potential patients for ESWT.The therapy has been too efective to date to have the amount of negative posts like Ron's.

Re: A Suspicion

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/18/04 at 23:36 (149112)

One of the problem with anonymous posts -- we often just don't know the source. There have been a lot of individuals speaking authoritatively who would not identify themselves on this board in the past -- seemingly represnting manufacturers who fell into the trap of criticizing other technologies when they should have been supporting the concept itself.

Pauline on 4/19/04 at 13:16 (149145)

I definitely have my doubts about health insurance companies posting misinformation on this site. Personlly, I think they have nothing to gain from such an endever because they are not paying for treatment anyway. Just not paying is discouragement enough.

On the other, hand there is no doubt, in my mind, that there are posters who continue to post under different names. I find this to be especially true when it comes to ESWT discussions of a positive nature. Some in fact only appear at these specific times.

Mark L on 4/21/04 at 05:53 (149272)

Just like you Pauline- you appear at only these times- to cast doubt - to be negative-
What do you have to add that is constructive and helpful. Do you have any firsthand information- NO- Do you have any technical expertise- I DON'T THINK SO- YOU ADD NOTHING AT ALL.
Are you a bitter PF sufferer who has had no relief? I'm sorry if that's the case. If you had ESWT that didn't work maybe you didn't have typical TRACTION DEGENERATION OF THE PLANTAR FASCIA AT THE MEDIAL TUBERCLE OF THE CALCANEUS after all.
In the future I would appreciate if you would refrain from commenting on my posts and I will do the same for yours. Ignore me and I will ignore you.