Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Nan

Posted by Rachael T. on 4/19/04 at 22:54 (149173)

Nan - How much activity are you able to do w/ your SDOs? I have improved immensely w/ them - but still endure some pain particularly if I do alot (like yesterday's raking in the yard which is making me pay today!) But, it is overall soreness - not heel pain or lateral pain & not ankle pain anymore. I would be interested in learning about your pain levels & activity levels. Do you take any meds now? Pls. advise.

Re: Nan

Nan D on 4/20/04 at 19:03 (149245)

Rachel,
I sell Real Estate so I am on feet all the time! After about 6 or 8 months of wearing the SDO's, I was down to a pain level of 2 or 3 while wearing the SDO's & sneakers all day. I could also wear SAS sandals using only the gel inserts with a 2 or 3 pain level. I have about 50% more pain wearing dress shoes. I do not take any meds, but they never helped me much the short time I took them. I recently had the pain down to a 1 in sneakers, but had massage therapy to try to improve more so I could wear dress shoes. That was a BIG mistake, since it caused my pain to get worse. That was about 1 month ago, so I hope I can get back to where I was before!