Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Plantar Fasciatis vs. TTS

Posted by Sandy B on 4/20/04 at 13:58 (149229)

Would appreciate advice from anyone with a history of foot problems.
I have been battling foot pain for about 8 months now. First diagnosis was PF and was given 3 rounds of cortizone, anti inflammatories, rest, PT, etc, suggested orthotics didn't get cause of the cost. None of these seemed to work. Second podiatrist said it was Tarsal Tunnel, had nerve conduction test and that came back negative and he still wanted surgery since I get the tingling when tapped, said orthotics wouldn't work. Since I'm not keen on being off my feet for that long and the possible complications involved. I opted for nothing
Decided to take off some weight to see if it would improve anything, I've gotten down about 20lbs (still have 50 to go) and pain wise my right foot went from a 9-10 to about at 4-5 which is manageable. The left foot has gone from a 4-5 to about a 9-10. I started back to exercising about 1 1/2 months ago just doing low impact aerobics which just now started to aggrevate a little.

The pain always seems to be in the way back of heel to outer part of heel which too me isn't a normal area for either diagnosis.

I don't feel confident in either Dr's diagnosis enough to go with anything so now I am stuck in pain.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on what the heck is going on.