Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Mark L

Posted by Dorothy on 4/21/04 at 12:48 (149293)

Scott R and All Other Posters - except Mark L:

For months this Mark L has posted extremely nasty material often directed at individuals in a personal attack style, sometimes obscene and violent. These recent posts to Pauline are actually pretty mild for him (or maybe Mark L. is a 'her' - who knows?). I think any community, including a 'virtual community' like this one is wise to rise up against anti-social individuals who invade that community, its peace, its goals and its mission.
Given your stated policies, Scott R., why are his posts, and those like them that also have his style to them, allowed to continue here? Why is he permitted to attack another poster like this? Anyone can hold whatever opinions they want about the content of someone else's posts,and I don't care what he thinks about Pauline's posts or she about his - and I certainly don't care what an individual like this Mark L. thinks about a poster called Dorothy. I think we got an excellent assessment of his intellect and his vocabulary many times on that subject. It is interesting to me that he is so bothered by Dorothy actually; maybe he senses the vibrations of loathing across great distances - a kind of ESWT to his cranium. But what right does he have to post his foul nastiness as he often does when you have stated policies about such behavior - and he repeatedly and foully violates your policies?

Re: Mark L

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/21/04 at 17:00 (149302)

Dorothy:

I did a search on the database of posts here. There are issues in which I disagree with Mark (high vs. low energy ESWT) and noted that he did get into some arguments but never noted any posts that I would characterize as 'obscene and violent.' He appears to be an individual with a good knowledge base as well as opinions on various issues. Sometimes, individuals with strong opinons come on 'strong' but I am not sure that that should disqualify him as a poster. It would be great if we all had styles that were compatible, friendly and 'inviting' to the other posters but is that something that we can always expect? I, for one, would like to know more about Mark's identity (Pauline hinted that she knows something) as I have often requested that those who appear to speak from an authoritative position tell us about there background. See my discussion with Pauline concerning this on the ESWT Board.

Mark, as the rules stand, does not really stand in violation except for saying that he could be 'nicer.' On the balance, he seems to have a lot to contribute.
Regards,
Ed

MARK L on 4/21/04 at 18:16 (149308)

Pauline hinted! why doesn't Pauline post my identity if she thinks I am not who I have said I was?

Either back up your claims Pauline or stop calling me a liar!

Agian, if anyone wishes to e-mail and hold a dialouge in strict confidence then e-mail me at < (email removed)>

Dorothy on 4/22/04 at 02:12 (149336)

It appears that the most disgusting posts have either been deleted or are back before the February cut-off point. Following are some of his mild posts over recent months or posts that refer to his posts, which - as said - appear to have been deleted or are too far back:

This from Julie on 3/01:
Scott

It's time that you began monitoring your boards regularly and thoroughly again. This garbage - whether by Mark L, Larry T, or some other troublemaker - is truly nasty - and there has been worse. Dorothy was treated to a particularly filthy example of it, and stopped posting for several weeks as a result. It may all emanate from the same person/computer or it may not, but whether or not it does irrelevant. It shouldn't be here.

You are the website manager and these boards need monitoring. Please, monitor them.
This from Mark L on 2/29:

I used to be many people, some in a former life, and some in the present life. However, my doctor conviced some of them to go away, I eliminated some of them and buried their bodies( one of them with Jimmy Hoffa and one with Elvis) and most of the others decided to leave on their own. Now it's just me but I kept all of their knowledge and physical prowess. I currently have an ad running in the Pig Hollow Daily Tribute for other personalities as I miss their company. If anyones knows of any personalities that would like to apply please ask them to post their resume's here. From what I have read here I am sure some of you have persoanlities that you could afford to get rid of.

This from Julie on 3/01:
Pauline and Dorothy

Website monitoring is what this is all about. Filth and flaming of the kind we are seeing here should be deleted instantly, before it has a chance to upset people and before it has a chance to give rise to discussion. It might have been possible, in times past, for heelspurs to manage without proper monitoring by the website manager, but it clearly isn't now. Monitoring is Scott's job, and he should do it. I told him so (on the latest Larry-Mark thread) this morning. I hope he will respond.

Julie

This from Mark on 3/01:

I can assure you and all the members of this board that I have not ever posted inder the phoney name Larry L I am sure he picked that last initial to perputrate the impression that we are the same poster. I will find him as he sent me an e-mail a while ago, not knowing who he sent it to, and his IP will be traced by my IT department.

This from Dr. Z on 2/19:
Too late it my fun job. Anyway seriously. Mark L I hope you stick around and continue to post information. You are welcome to post your opinion so long as there is no attaching,and mututal repect. So today is a new day and yesterday is gone.

This from one Larry T on 2/19:
Mark L, I see the new day has delivered you from your demons! Your spelling and grammer appears to be more lucid than yesterdays hate speech. I guess we can thank Prozac??
BTW, the reference to shocking the head has been made before. It sounds childish and mean, something a 5th grader would say. Hardly the words of a Medical Professional such as yourself.

These from Mark L on 2/17:
Who the heck are you to pass judgement on the accuracy of what I have posted. I doubt that your knowledge on the subject of ESWT is much beoyond being able to spell it. AS FAR AS CAPS- I LIKE TO USE THEM- IF THEY ANNOY YOU THAT'S GOOD- AS FAR AS TYPOS- THEY WERE INTENTIONAL- IT WAS DONE SO THAT YOU COULD READ MY POSTS WITHOUT ASKING FOR HELP
WHY DON'T YOU POST YOUR CREDENTIAL TO DETERMINE WHO'S INFORMATION ON ESWT IS VALID?

So you admit that you are a user not a contibutor- and that gives you the authority to determine who can post here- and be insulting in addition- I DON'T THINK SO - If you had 2 treatments and this is the result then whomever treated you put your head on the treatment pad not your foot. Actually it probably was exactly where the shock therapy should have been applied. Why don't you go back and get about 10 more treatments focused between your ears and then maybe you will be fit to rejoin the human race. And by the way who is 'WE'? Are the'WE's' some special group of self serving people who have taken it upon themselves to censor this board made up mainly of self declared victims and diseminators of gross misinformation. You don't deserve to be the benifactors of what I can contribute to this board re: high energy ESWT.

This from Brian J on 2/16 under subject: RE Get Julie Out of Here (apparently Mark's post)
Mark --

Julie is a respected long-time poster on this board. She's done a lot of good for people. You may also be able to help people, and I invite you to do so. However, please avoid personal attacks and harsh language, as they don't help anyone.

Thanks very much.

Mark on 2/16:
JULIE IS A TROUBLE MAKER INTENT ON PREVETING ME FROM AIDING THOSE ON THIS BOARD WITH PF. I DEMAND THAT SHE EITHER CEASE AND DESISTS HER VISCIOUS ATTACKS ON ME OR BE BLOCKED FROM POSTING HERE.

sTILL IN THERE TRYING TO STIR UP TOUBLE- I WANT JULIE BLOCKED BECAUSE SHE IS HARRASING ME AND TRYING TO PREVENT ME FROM POSTING VALUABLE TECHNICAL INFORMATION THAT I POSSES THAT WILL HELP THOSE SUFFERING FROM PF.IT IS OBVIOUS THAT SHE HAS NO DESIRE TO HELP ONLY HINDER.

First of all- who the heck are you to determine if my tome is arrofant or not? Nobody- that's who- Secondly- It's non of your business what my agenda is or what my credentials are. If I post some information pertaining to ESWT either you accept it or not- that's your choice- but your comments are not welcome. You are a trouble maker- you posted agAinst Shockman and me- WHAT IS YOUR AGENDA? DO YOU HAVE ANY VALID TECHNICAL INFORMATION TO ADD-SO FAR I HAVEN'T SEEN ANY FROM YOU.

This from Mark TO Julie on 2/16:
WHAT PERTINANT AND HELPFUL INFORMATION HAVE YOU CONTIBUTED TO THIS BOARD LATELY ?- NOTHING THAT I CAN FIND.

ISN'T IT ABOUT TIME YOU STOPPED MAKING TROUBLE AND TENDED TO YOUR OWN BUSINESS???

This from Julie to Scott R on 2/16:
ScottR

Please see the thread whose url I give below, and the three other threads that come first on the ESWT board index.

bbt.cgi?n=144351

Isn't it time to say something to Mark L, whoever he is, or even to block his posts?

From Mark on 2/15:
I didn't address this to you Tammie or ask for your opinion. So get off your soapbox, it's hardly high enough to make any impact. Besides, who are you to determine if what I have posted is not accurate, helpful information? I am sure that you do not posess the credentials to comment on what I have posted. If you read the threads you'll see that I was attacked- I wasn't the attacker.

From Mark on 2/15:
I am reposting this here so that you don't miss it::

Frankly Charlotte I don't give a hoot if you ever answer any ? for the rest of your life. As a matter of fact if you don't then the world will foerever be relieved of misinformation and inane answers. The answer a toad would give when asked to explain sub atomic theory would probably be more acurate than asking you the time of day.

From Mark to 'Larry on 2/14:
I think I caught a note of jealousy in your post that you realize that most of the world knows how to chew bubble gum and you don't. I'll clue you in. You open that hole in your face that you usually use to spew nonsense, put the gum in and move your jaw up and down. When you get real good at it let me know and I'll tell you how to use some of your other bodily functions at the same time.

By the way, do you care to post your qualifications that make your posts re: ESWT valuable information? Hint: Breathing and walking at the same time doesn't count.

From Mark on 2/07:
Pauline_ Do you have the slightest idea about what you are tralking about- Yor posts are nonsense!!

scott r on 4/22/04 at 07:09 (149338)

Dorothy i can't answer most of your questions for security reasons. Also, don't have time to implement the new security yet.

Dorothy on 4/23/04 at 01:29 (149398)

Status quo. Dr. Ed must be a moderator. He or whoever the moderator is deletes my posts which were factual rejoinder to his non-factual statement. My post gets deleted for 'baiting' and for being off the subject - the subject being Mark L and having nothing to do with Dr. Ed - but Dr. Ed's non-factual post stands.

Pauline on 4/23/04 at 14:02 (149424)

Dorothy,
For those of us that saw your post, you easily proved your point and definitely made a statement.

What you need to remember is that it's the nature of humans to protect what is of value to them. Something for you to think about.

Pauline on 4/23/04 at 14:07 (149425)

Dorothy,
So you will not be confused by my 'Something for you to think about' these words are not directed at you but rather for you to understand why things happen as they do.

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/23/04 at 15:02 (149436)

Dorothy:
I am not a moderator here.
Ed