Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

low level laser therapy

Posted by Bud P on 4/21/04 at 19:36 (149320)

Has anyone tried low level laser therapy for treatment of PF pain.I just saw a report on the news where the FDA has approved this and some insurance companies pay for the treatment. The cost is between $500 and $1000 for several treatments a week for 4 weeks. Just thought I'd pass it on. Sounds and looked promising.

Bud

Re: low level laser therapy

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/22/04 at 23:49 (149397)

Sunny Jacob, formerly of Bayshore Clinics, still practicing and available on the ESWT site has experience with this modality.
ed

john h on 4/23/04 at 10:23 (149407)

Ed you are correcct. I remember Sunny stating they used this procedure as part of each ESWT treatment.

Re: low level laser therapy/Dr. Ed

BudP on 4/23/04 at 23:51 (149456)

Dr. Ed,
I was just curious if it was ever an effective way to treat pain for PF.That was the first time I had ever heard of it,they treated a man with tennis elbow and it seemed to work very well for him. Thanks.

Bud

Cyndi T. on 6/02/04 at 20:59 (151845)

If you mean cold laser therapy, yes I have! I started going to a chiropractor who specializes in foot injuries, and I have had three treatments so far. I have definitely seen improvement since starting the treatment, along with chiropractic adjustments and deep tissue massage that he does with a strong vibrating machine. I am attaching a link to a very interesting article about the cold laser. It seems that other countries have been using it for years with success, but the FDA was slow to approve it here. My doctor isn't charging the type of fees that you mentioned above, it is just included in the overall office visit charge. From what I have read, it seems that mostly chiropractors are using it, so check around. I am in Houston.

http://www.laserhealing.net/press_superbowl_2003.html