Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PLANTAR FASCIITIS'S RELATION TO WORK

Posted by GERALD R on 4/21/04 at 21:42 (149332)

MY NAME IS GERALD. I AM A MAIL-CARRIER AND I HAVE PLANTAR FASCIITIS IN MY LEFT FOOT. I AM ON MY FEET 8-10 HOURS A DAY WALKING UP AND DOWN STEPS CARRYING MAIL 5-6 DAYS A WEEK. EVERYWHERE I READ ABOUT PLANTAR FASCIITIS I READ THAT ONE OF THE CAUSES IS WALKING OR RUNNING ON HARD SURFACES REPEATIVELY. STILL THE LABOR BOARD HAS TURNED DOWN MY WORKMAN'S COMP CLAIM. HOW CAN I PRESENT MY CASE THAT PLANTAR FASCIITIS IS RELATED TO MY JOB.

Re: PLANTAR FASCIITIS'S RELATION TO WORK

john king on 4/22/04 at 11:28 (149350)

Gerald

I was a postal worker. I got a claim approved for PF and TTS by OWCP. You need your treating doctor to say that your PF is 'caused' or 'aggravated' by you normal work duties. Your doctor really has to spell it out for the OWCP. I Know you can win that claim because I did it when I worked for the USPS.

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/23/04 at 23:59 (149459)

Gerald:
This issue is a fairly 'hot' one. Much will depend on your worker's comp carrier - OWCP is likely to allow it. Much will depend on your doctor's willingness to support your claim.
Ed

James C. on 4/26/04 at 09:39 (149553)

Hi
I am also a carrier and have been for 15 years. I have gotten mine approved through workers comp 8 months ago.I have had partial pf release as well as ESWT,TTS surgery, cortizone injections,night splints, strassburg socks,several anti inflammitories. I have not found anything successful yet but I am not giving up hope. I am going to a highly recommended ortho ped surgen in May so I hope she will find something that will work. I have been going to a pod and I feel like he has done a good job but I have had this for 1 year now and I think he has run out of options.There is a Mailman on one of these sights that has set up a websight at his house to help postal workers. He just goes by MAILMAN and I'm not sure if it was on the tts message board or one of the others.
GOOD LUCK
James C