Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

HELPFUL ADVICE

Posted by WAYNE L on 4/22/04 at 20:26 (149377)

I WAS TOLD I HAD P.F. ON FIRST VISIT I HAD XRAYS TAKEN AND THE DOCTOR SAID I HAD P.F. HE INJECTED BOTH FEET WITH CORTIZONE. HURT ALOT SECOND VISIT SAME AS FIRST, BUT LESS PAIN FROM THE INJECTIONS,THIRD VISIT NO INJECTIONS,AND MY ORTHOTICS ARRIVED AND EVERYTHING WAS NORMAL AGAIN FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS PAIN COMES BACK THE DOCTOR PRESCRIBES A INFLAMATION DRUG.A LITTLE BETTER. FOURTH VISIT A INJECTION ON MY RIGHT FOOT ONLY BECAUSE THE LEFT FOOT IS FINE.IF RIGHT FOOT DOES NOT GET BETTER SURGERY WAS RECCOMENDED

Re: HELPFUL ADVICE

Dr. Z on 4/22/04 at 21:19 (149381)

There are addtional treatments such as stretching,physical therapy and ESWT before any cutting should be considered. The goal is get the pf healed. How long have you had your pf?

Re: HELPFUL ADVICE

WAYNE L on 4/22/04 at 21:26 (149384)

POSSIBLY A YEAR. EVERYBODY TALKS OF STRETCHING,PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT TYPE OF STRETCHING EXCERCISE ARE WE TALKING ABOUT

Re: Wayne

Steve G on 4/22/04 at 21:36 (149386)

Wayne - read the heel pain book on this site. It will describe (in depth) the nature of the problem and your treatment options. Surgery is the LAST resort after all the other options have failed