Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Peyronies

Posted by Alberto G on 4/22/04 at 22:30 (149387)

If anyone has had this procedure done for this condition, please post. Also, related text, info or studies in this area would be interesting to read. There is not much out there yet. Thanks.

Re: Peyronies

Pauline on 4/22/04 at 23:12 (149391)

Have you checked for abstracts in Pub. Med or visited your local medical library? Your may find studies in these locations.

Alberto G on 4/22/04 at 23:15 (149392)

Thanks for the info,,,,did a back searc by subject and found the info... LOL ...Should have started there.....

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/22/04 at 23:40 (149395)

Alberto:
Check with Sunny Jacob who often posts on the ESWT Board as he had a lot of experience in this area.
Ed

J. P. (Sunny) Jacob on 4/23/04 at 08:00 (149402)

Alberto G,
The PainFree ESWT clinic near Toronto, Canada, does Peyronie's treatment using ESWT on a regular basis now. To the best of my knowledge, this is the only clinic in North America that provides this non-invasive treatment of Peyronie's using ESWT. Since its beginning this year the clinic has already treated a large number of patients from North-America, South-America and Europe who had undergone conventional treatment such as vitamins and creams. There are no known side effects with ESWT treatment and the success rate so far is around 60-65%. The clinic is located in a male health centre and pre-treatment assessment and initial treatment are done by a urologist. You may check their website for further information and related links http://www.painfree-eswt.com

George T on 4/23/04 at 19:28 (149443)

I think that Pauline had unsucessful Peyronies when sHE was know as Paul.:D

Pauline on 4/23/04 at 20:47 (149449)

Gosh darn where are those moderator when you need one?

MARK L on 4/23/04 at 20:52 (149450)

Why do you want a moderator PAULine? Ithought that George's post was hilarious! =:)

MARK L on 4/23/04 at 20:55 (149451)

OK fun's over- no more teasing Pauline- and in return Pauline will tell everybody who I am- if I'm not Mark L.

Alberto G on 4/24/04 at 00:53 (149462)

Thanks to ALL for the great info.....Been checking the sites and reading up..

Meeta G on 4/25/04 at 22:41 (149538)

Have you performed many EWST therapies on people who have had a number of foot surguries? I've had 6, 3 on each foot and still have pain. I know that it seems to have great results on people who have never had surgury. What do you think my chances are of being pain free if I have ESWT? My insurance won't pay for it, I've read that ESWT does not have a huge track record on people who've already had surgury. Tell me what your opinion is...

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/26/04 at 15:45 (149575)

Meeta:
Dr. Z has quite a bit of experience on use of ESWT on those who have had PF release surgery. The general opinion seems to be that high energy ESWT is favored when PF release surgery has already been done.
Ed

Meeta G on 4/26/04 at 17:03 (149587)

Can you tell me how often the people with PF Surgury and Tarsal Tunnel Release surgury performed, that the people operated on had no more pain? Can you put a number on the success stories.

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/26/04 at 18:46 (149596)

Meeta:
ESWT has no effect on TTS whatsoever. I can only guess at numbers of PF sufferers who had PF release surgery cured by ESWT as I am not aware of any published articles specifically on this. I would defer to Sunny Jacob and Dr. Z as, to the best of my knowledge, they have treated more individuals who are post op than most practitioners.
Ed

J. P. (Sunny) Jacob on 4/28/04 at 19:10 (149739)

I might have given the wrong impression that high energy ESWT is a recommended procedure for patients who had previous PF release surgery. Low energy does not have much effect due to the scar tissue.
The use of high energy ESWT for the same group of patients should be discouraged. However, some do insist to receive high energy ESWT treatment and a few of them may report substantial reduction in pain. the experience of PainFree ESWT clinic in treating patients with surgical scar tissue in tendonitis/fasciitis or IPP (Peyronie's) is very limited. In conclusion, as many clinicians on this message board have repeatedly advised, ESWT should be considered an option prior to surgery, - not after.