Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Bad heel pain

Posted by Jill H. on 4/23/04 at 13:34 (149419)

I hurt my foot Jan. 17 during running. I have been to two foot doctors and an ortho. surgeon, all of which vary a little in treatment. I used to be an avid walker, walking every morning for about 50 minutes. When I hurt my foot during running, at first it hurt mildly but after continuing running, it became so bad that I could hardly walk. Since then I have tried bike riding and swimming, both of which hurt my foot. So for the last 10 weeks I have done no form of exercise, which has really set me in a depression. I am currently undergoing physical therapy and taking viox, neither of which I feel is helping. I have had custom hard orthodics and and currently wearing a heel cup. I have had a cortizone shot which I don't think helped. Any advise would be appreciated!

Re: Bad heel pain

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/26/04 at 14:33 (149569)

Read Scott's Heel Pain Book on this site. I would have expected at least some response to your treatment and would advise 'digging a little deeper' either with diagnostic ultrasound or MRI to double check the diagnosis.