Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

shockwave treatment

Posted by kathleen s on 4/26/04 at 19:16 (149602)

HI,
I have had the heal pain for about 3 months and i am thinking of having this treatment done.. does this treatment hurt and is it true that the pain is worse after the treatment is done and for how long??

Re: shockwave treatment

Dr. Z on 4/26/04 at 19:49 (149607)

Hi

ESWT or shockwave is for chronic plantar fasciitis. Most patients that undergo ESWT have pain for at least six months and have three or more failed treatments. It is very important to have a proper workup for heel pain and ESWT. Most patient can get better at the three month period without ESWT. Have you seen a podiatrist yet.
Most patients have reduced heel pain after ESWT. Some do have pain which can vary depending upon the person and the type of occupation. There is a heel pain booklet on this site that is very educational with regard to heel pain what it is and how to treat it. Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

kathleen s on 4/26/04 at 21:03 (149612)

Yes i have been going to a foot doctor for many years for my other foot and corazone shots helped that foot a lot. my right foot is the one in question now.. i have been to see him since the middle of feb and have had 2 shots and have had my foot wrapped several times, and had foot inserts and have used ice packs when i come home from work.. We all know the job market out there and not to many jobs to be found, i am 46 and at the same job for 21 years.. i have been doing this type of work that i am doing know for 11 and its for 3 days a week 12 hour days and i stand and walk a lot.. telling someone to get a different job is easier than it sounds.. i live a lone and have bills to pay.... i am going to my foot doctor this thurs and then i hope i can have this down next thurs...

Dr. Z on 4/27/04 at 19:06 (149654)

So you have had no improvement at all?