Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Posterior Tibial Tendonitis relation to TTS-pls advise

Posted by Donna H on 4/28/04 at 05:02 (149687)

As if the TTS and PF wasn't enough -
I began having pain just above the incision site, near the arch of my left foot (TTS release 2/02 - only app 50% improvement) about 2-3 wks ago. This was different than TTS/PF pain, as there was visible swelling,pain along the foot to around ankle, lower leg, much more difficulty walking.
Podiatrist, upon exam diagnosed the Posterior Tibial Tendonitis. Do the conditions already present cause it? I am unable to walk unassisted-TTS/PF (both feet) severe that I must use cane/walker @ all times, & now the boot. He also said I now have arthritis in one of the joints of the great toe, same foot.
Thank you

Re: Posterior Tibial Tendonitis relation to TTS-pls advise

Linda on 5/03/04 at 16:09 (149955)

you sound just like me. I had an mri to definitely diagnosis posterior tibial tear (type 2) I have all the same symptoms you have,and I hope one of the docs answers our posts. I am going for a second surgical opinion on May 4th before radical surgery. The foot doc wants a 2nd opinion to make sure his choice is the right one for me.
I am in pain 24/7 also,and I was also just diagnosed with arthritis in both feet.
I am just afraid that my other foot will end up with the tear also.
Good luck,and let me know how things go for you

Donna H on 5/13/04 at 03:10 (150504)

Hi Linda, its been awhile. Sorry. Yes, we do sound just alike, and I wish one of the drs would have been able to respond. I hope your appt. went well-let me know. Maybe they will respond, if not, I think I'll re-post in a few days. This is no fun, and nobody understands; not even family. They think of all this as if its just a sprained ankle or like its for attention, or an exaggeration> I have never known anyone, till you, to have all this crap going on @ once. Tendonitis much worse-trying to hold off on boot till son's graduation. maybe I won't have a ruptured tendon-looks like small egg on side of my foot. I wish you well.
If any of the drs are still reading, Linda and I are still suffering and would appreciate your comments to our original posts.

Linda on 5/13/04 at 06:08 (150506)

My podiatrist sent me for a second opinion,and I have what is called a Stage 3 Posterior Tibial Tendon Tear. I am going in June to have it repaired. The procedure is called a Digitorum Longgus Tendon Transfer-i guess they take a tendon from your toe to repair the torn one. My foot is pretty swollen,and my innner ankle bone is almost touching the floor. It has now been since the beginning of February. I find out either today or tomorrow my surgery date. My arch is killing. I keep getting shooting pains in it even while sleeping. I just want it to be over. The tarsal tunnel is being effected,and i'm having that pain again too. I started out with a small lump like you,but now my whole foot is swollen.
I just hope i'm making the right decision. I have had 2 doctor's opinions,and they were the same.