Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pf switching back and forth?

Posted by Buck T. on 4/30/04 at 17:23 (149848)

Doctors and anyone: My pf switches from one foot to the other. Thank goodness I don't have flare-ups in both feet at once. Is this normal or unusual? Just wondering.

Buck

Re: Pf switching back and forth?

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/30/04 at 19:31 (149860)

Buck:
It is a bit of an uncommon scenario although just a manifestation of periodic 'ighting up' of a long term problem.
Ed

Buck T. on 5/01/04 at 18:52 (149880)

Thank you Dr. Ed. Maybe also I use the one that is feeling good too much to compenstate for the one having a flare-up. Been using your Triad approach for post ESWT with good results. Sincerely,

Buck

Ed Davis, DPM on 5/01/04 at 21:48 (149890)

Buck:
I am glad that you found the concept to be helpful. It would be my hope that we have sufficient biomechanical control on both feet so that each foot is not on the verge of getting sore each time it gets more weight bearing pressure shifted to it.
Ed

Buck T. on 5/02/04 at 19:52 (149920)

Actually, Dr. Ed, because of something else you said, I had new pair orthotics made after ESWT. I had foot casted in non-weight bearing position. New orthotics helping. Old ones made standing and by taking impression. They didn't work. Thanks for help,

Sincerely, Buck