Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

language vocabulary tutor

Posted by Scott R on 5/03/04 at 15:18 (149952)

Here's one of the other things i've been up to lately. Please download it and try the program to see what you think.

http://600words.com/

Re: Babel fish

Ed Davis, DPM on 5/03/04 at 19:27 (149972)

ScottR:
Interesting programs. Have you tried Alta Vista Babel Fish? It is a totally free translation program. Especially useful since there is a lot of stuff on ESWT written in German.
Ed

Re: did anyone try the spanish language tutor?

Scott R on 5/04/04 at 13:45 (150011)

did anyone try the spanish language tutor program?

Re: Babel fish

Pauline on 5/04/04 at 15:04 (150021)

I've been told not to count on it being totally accurate.

Re: did anyone try the spanish language tutor?

MARK L on 5/04/04 at 20:21 (150038)

Pauline, could you please tell us who told you that the infomation from Babel Fish could be inacurate and what were their qualifications to make such a determination? As you have previously stated - Information from an unidetified source is to be questioned.

Re: played around with it

Ed Davis, DPM on 5/04/04 at 22:22 (150048)

Mark:
My foreign language skills are not good enough to find errors. I played around a bit by translating from one language to another, to another and back to English to see what would happen and found some interesting variations. I have only done this a little bit so don't take my tinkering too seriously. I have used in mainly from German to English and back.
Ed