Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Now the other foot!

Posted by Karen C. on 5/05/04 at 06:57 (150059)

I've had the PF and Tarsal Tunnel in only one foot. Yesterday my right foot started burning in the arch and is sore this morning. Have many of you found that you have problems with both feet? I was only dealing with one and it was plenty. I can't imagine have both feet feel like this.

Karen

Re: Now the other foot!

Ann L on 5/05/04 at 13:57 (150085)

Hi Karen,
I started with PF and TTS in my left foot only. After hobbling for so long with that foot, I developed both in my right foot. Right now, I am 11weeks post op after surgery on both feet. Feeling better, but still have a ways to go before considering myself semi-normal again.
Ann

Karen C. on 5/05/04 at 18:40 (150099)

Ann,

How long did you wait to have surgery after developing symptoms? My Nerve Conduction Study was negative but as I've read, that doesn't mean that I don't have Tarsal Tunnel. My Ortho doctor won't do an MRI. I see a new doctor on the 28th. Do you think that hobbling for a long time can cause Tarsal Tunnel and PF?

Karen

Ann L on 5/05/04 at 20:06 (150104)

Karen,
I had foot pain for years before it became intolerable - tried changing shoes, using store bought shoe inserts,etc. I first saw a doctor about it in 11/02. I finally got the diagnoses of PF & TTS in 01/03. Tried multiple methods to treat - medication, rest, braces, stretches - without success. That was for my left foot. I developed some symptoms of PF & TTS in my right foot during summer '03 and got bad enough to begin wearing a brace for work on my right foot (looked cute with braces on both legs.) As far as hobbling causing my problems with my right foot, I can't say for sure it was all of the cause, but walking improperly can definitely attribute to both PF & TTS.
Ann

Carol D on 5/06/04 at 16:10 (150141)

Keep up the pressure for an MRI. MY NCV test was negative. My HMO and Pri. Care doc did not recommend an MRI. I tracked down a TTS expert who ordered one. The MRI showed a small growth pressing on the nerve. I had surgery 11 months ago and I am fully recovered. good luck!!!

Barb L on 5/14/04 at 17:02 (150600)

Carol. My situation sounds just like your as fast as the diagnosis. I am making my Dr. give me a MRI. Where was the growth located? On which nerve? I have TTS in both feet. Thanks