Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I'm baack!!

Posted by Kathy G on 5/06/04 at 16:42 (150148)

I can actually use the computer right now so I'm cautiously optimistic. I have been having a devil of a time with the muscle spasm in my clavicle area and going online has been for only brief periods of time. Actually the pain was very similar to one caused by TMJ although this started back on August 1st when I fell and landed hard on my hands. I was making some progress then went to reach for something and strained it further. Then, to make matters worse, I had to have a crown done on that side and my bite guard didn't fit properly for over a week. Now, I think the bite guard is correct and today is the first day I've felt almost human in months. (No, I still don't look human. That's why there's no picture of me!;)) Now, I'm wondering if some of the problem wasn't caused by my TMJ although I went to my orthodontist about it early on and he said the bite guard was fine. Unfortunately, it wasn't my regular orthodontist but his new partner.

What I find interesting is that while all the doctors I've seen agree that
I tore a ligament or a muscle, possibly the tapezius, the only person who thought it had something to do with the TMJ was my chiropractor. He was unable to help me but I'm telling you, the guy is bright. I should have listened to him way back and gone back to the orthodontist. The addition of an extra five mgs of Valium at bedtime has helped as well.

So, you lucky people, hopefully I will be posting again! I know that just makes your day! :D

Re: I'm baack!!

Suzanne D. on 5/06/04 at 21:45 (150160)

It does make my day, Kathy, to see you back here and to know you're more comfortable now!

Suzanne :)

Lari S on 5/06/04 at 22:11 (150162)

Welcome back, and I'm glad you're feeling better. I swear by my chiropractor, but maybe that's because I see him 3 times a week. I feel like a bowl of Rice Krispies...snap, crackle and pop.
Lari

wendyn on 5/06/04 at 22:38 (150165)

Yeouuccch Kathy - that sounds rough. Good to see you back. I am off to Boston for a week, talk to you after May 14th!!!