Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

acupuncuture treatment of plantar fasciitis

Posted by Robert P. on 5/06/04 at 22:20 (150164)

Please inform me as to whether acupuncuture would be beneficial in the treatment of plantar fasciitis. Are there any undesirable side effects?

Re: acupuncuture treatment of plantar fasciitis

SteveG on 5/07/04 at 09:25 (150183)

Bob - many people on this board have tried it over the years, and I cannot recall anyone saying they received a lasting benefit. I don't, however, believe there are any bad side effects

Carlos N. on 5/07/04 at 13:52 (150199)

Robert,

I've been doing acupuncture since March and it does help with reducing some pain and relieving the tension in my calf muscles and ankles. I use a very adept doctor for acupuncture. I have no adverse side effects. However, it's not a long term solution. Your best bet is with proper stretching on a daily basis. If you do decide to do acupuncture make sure you see someone who is very familiar with maladies related to musculoskeletal.

Good luck.

DaveP on 5/10/04 at 10:56 (150324)

I have recently tried acupuncture for my chronic PF (3 yrs) with no luck. I was told by the acupuncturist that I would see graudual relief over 8 weeks at 2 treatments per week. I stopped just short of that period finding absolutely no improvement.