Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

TTS always cause shooting type pain? ( Survey)

Posted by Dave Banner on 5/09/04 at 17:57 (150294)

I was wondering what peole experience in therir tts symptoms? I have persistent pain at rest , located in the inner ankle below the medial malleous, but NO NUMBNESS OR TINGLING OR SHOOTING PAINS. IS it still possible to have an entraspped nerve with no othger symptoms except localised pain?

Re: TTS always cause shooting type pain? ( Survey)

Terri on 5/09/04 at 21:25 (150306)

Hi Dave! I personally didn't have any of the classic TTS signs but have it regardless. The only positive signs were the Tinel sign and burning pain along the entire bottom of the foot when I was on my feet too long. Plus I had a lot of cramping in various areas of my feet and my calves. The cramping is not common but is not unheard of. No pain at rest unless I'd overdone it.

What tests have you had done?

Steve G on 5/10/04 at 00:38 (150307)

Dave - Post-Tib Tendonitis might be your problem. Since TTS is a form of nerve entrapment, it is characterized by neurological symptoms, tingling, burning, numbness, etc.

LARA on 5/10/04 at 07:13 (150314)

I agree with Steve. The range of symptoms varies greatly, but they all are neurological symptoms of some sort (although there may also be other symptoms). I've never had Tinel's sign, or tingling, or numbness or many things other people report. However, I did have neurological symptoms (burning).