Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ever walking barefoot again?

Posted by Oliver L on 5/10/04 at 13:21 (150335)

Is it realistic to ever walk barefoot again, after having had this treatment? (I've had moderate to severe PF in both feet, for five years, have custom orthotics, ibuprofen gel, night splints, etc., but want to know if anyone's ever had such a good experience with this procedure that they could actually walk around barefoot and not suffer flareups afterwards.) Thanks

Re: Ever walking barefoot again?

Ed Davis, DPM on 5/10/04 at 18:30 (150351)

Yes. Much depends on the need for biomechanical support though -- if that need is significant, then manitaining use of a supportive device such as an orthotic will be a long term thing.

Re: Ever walking barefoot again?

Shane on 5/12/04 at 12:32 (150468)

I've had 2 ESWT treatments and soon to be going for a third. I absolutely cannot go barefoot for any length of time, except like a quick trip the the bathroom in the middle of the night - Otherwise, I will pay for it with a giant flare up. I would rather avoid the flare up and wear my birkenstocks anytime I'm in the house...